Machu Picchu by Train Day Trip with Private Guide at Machu Picchu and Peruvian Meal
This trip has been created for you by the most experienced artisans of the travel industry. Experience a once-in-a-lifetime adventure as you take this exciting day trip from Cusco to Machu Picchu Archaeological Site. Enjoy the incredible views of the Urubamba River Valley on a beautiful and scenic train journey into the Andes Mountains. Sit back and catch your first few glimpses of Inca agricultural terraces and small sites on the banks of the river as you ride in comfort. Explore Machu Picchu with an expert, learning about the Inca culture and history. Let yourself be inspired at the immensity of this spectacular site immersed in a pristine natural surrounding.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Personal introductory briefing 1 day prior to departure
- Hotel Pick-Up and Drop-Off in Central Cusco (*If your hotel is located outside of the city centre, please inquire for meeting point or additional pick-up cost)
- 2-hour guided tour at Machu Picchu with a Certified Bilingual Guide
- 7-hour experience at Machu Picchu with free time to walk around on your own, hike to the Sun Gate or Inca Bridge
- Round-trip transfer with private vehicle from Cusco to Ollantaytambo
- Delicious lunch with fresh local ingredients at Inka Terra Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel (Arrive anytime between 12pm and 4pm)
- Entry/Admission - Santuario Historico de Machu Picchu
What's excluded :
- Other Meals / Snacks / Bottled Water
- Guide for transfers by car, train and bus (these portions are on your own)
- Optional Huayna Picchu Trek (34 soles) must be booked at least 2 weeks in advance
- Optional Machu Picchu Mountain Hike (30 soles) must be booked at least 1 week in advance
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Santuario Historico de Machu Picchu, Machu Picchu Peru
Machu Picchu is one of the new seven world wonders and a “must see” on the list of every world traveller. You'll have a memorable time with knowledgeable local guides that will offer a wealth of helpful insights. Start your experience with a personal introductory briefing one night prior to your departure date.
On the day of your adventure, you will be picked up at your hotel in Cusco at 4am for an early start on a vehicle to be transferred to Ollantaytambo in the Sacred Valley. From Ollantaytambo, you will take an executive-class train along the Urubamba River Valley surrounded by majestic mountains and immerse yourself in amazing Peruvian landscapes. Delve into the Inca World as you arrive to the train station in Aguas Calientes, the nearest town to Machu Picchu, where you will be picked-up and taken to the marvelous Inca Citadel hidden away at the top of a mountain. Here you will take a 2-hour guided tour with a professional local guide.
After your guided tour, you will have free time to enjoy the archaeological site and walk around on your own. You can take an optional hike to the Inti Punku (Sun Gate) or to the Inca bridge. Your guide will give you recommendations and on where to go and directions on how to get there. Sit down for a moment to relax and enjoy this magical site nestled deep in the Andean mountains surrounded by striking scenery.
When you are finished at Machu Picchu, you will return back to Aguascalientes and walk to the Inka Terra Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel for a delicious lunch made with the freshest local ingredients. (Arrive anytime between 12:00 - 16:00 hours. Please plan your time accordingly at Machu Picchu so you can make it back to town in time for lunch and to meet your return train.) Rest your legs and have a coffee to recharge your batteries before returning to Cusco.
You have two options for your return train journey. Please select one:
(Option 1) Executive Tourist Class Train departing Aguas Calientes at 19:00 hours
Choose to stay a few more hours at Machu Picchu or in Aguas Calientes to walk around, visit the local market, hot springs or have a beer at a local bar in town. Take an Executive Tourist Class Train departing Aguas Calientes at 19:00 hours. In Ollantaytambo you will take a transfer back to Cusco arriving at your hotel around 23:00 hours.
(Option 2) Tourist Class Train departing Aguas Calientes at 16:12 hours
Take a Tourist Class Train departing Aguas Calientes at 16:12 hours. In Ollantaytambo you will take a transfer back to Cusco arriving at your hotel around 20:30 hours.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Please contact us at least 2 weeks before your departure date so we can arrange pick-up from your central Cuzco accommodation.Emergency Contact: Ruth: 984008440.
Departure Time :4:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- You must present your passport upon entry to the train and the Machu Picchu Archaeological Site. You will be denied entry if you do not bring this.
- This trip is NOT wheelchair accessible. You must be capable of walking moderate distances over uneven terrain and steep stairs at the Machu Picchu Archaeological Site.
- Please calculate timings to enjoy your included lunch at Inka Terra Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel.
- Important: You must provide the following information upon booking: Full name (exactly as it appears on the passport), Date of Birth, Nationality, Passport Number, Date of Passport Expiry - Must be valid for at least 6 months past the date of travel. Without this information, the local tour operator will be unable to make the booking. Please be aware that your complete and correct passport information must be provided. Absolutely no modifications can be made once your booking has been confirmed. Any changes or discrepancies in the information provided will result in a complete loss of permits and entrance tickets, for which you will be held responsible and will need to pay for again.
- Travellers who booked their trip using one passport, then renewed or replaced it afterward, must carry the old passport they used to make the booking or a photocopy with them on the trip.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- PRE-DEPARTURE BRIEFING: There is a mandatory pre-departure briefing at our Cuzco Headquarters one day prior to departure at 5pm, 6pm or 7pm depending on your trek. You will receive detailed information on your excursion, a list of what to bring and confirm your departure details.
- PRE-DEPARTURE CHECK-IN: Please make sure to check-in with your passport before your pre-departure briefing. We encourage our travellers to check-in at our offices a couple of hours before or any day prior to the briefing , that way we can give everybody personal attention and information regarding booking extras, rental equipment or questions in general.
- Time schedule for meetings will be: Inca Trail and Lares 6pm, Salkantay, Inca Quarry, Machu Picchu Jungle, Ausangate, Choquequirao 7pm, Inca Trail Express, Rainbow Mountain, Machu Picchu by Train, Sacred Valley to Machu Picchu, Machu Picchu Full Day 5pm
- We are located at: Calle Matara 242, Second Floor. Cuzco, Peru Hours of Operation: 10:00-14:00 and 16:00-20:00 hrs
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.