Machu Picchu By Train From Poroy (1 Day)
For many visitors to Peru and even South America, a visit to the Inca city of Machu Picchu is the long-anticipated highpoint of their trip. In a spectacular location, it’s the best-known archaeological site on the continent. This awe-inspiring ancient city was never revealed to the conquering Spaniards and was virtually forgotten until the early part of the 20th century.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional bilingual tour guide
- Transport – Cusco – Ollantaytambo and back
- Train ticket Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes Ollantaytambo
- Bus from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu and back
- Ticket to enter Machu Picchu
- Guided tour to Machu Picchu
- Entry/Admission - Santuario Historico de Machu Picchu
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Santuario Historico de Machu Picchu, Machu Picchu Peru
We will pick you up at 6:00 a.m. from your hotel and drive you to Poroy train station (30 minutes by car) where you will board the train to the town of Aguas Calientes (3 hours and 30 minutes of travel).
Upon arrival at the train station our guide will be waiting for you with a sign and your names, then you will go with the guide to the bus station and board the bus that will be take you to Machu Picchu (30 minutes bus ride).
Upon reaching the citadel of Machu Picchu pass through the control showing your entrance ticket and your identification (passport), then you will have a guided tour for approximately 2 hours through the most important places of the archaeological complex of Machu Picchu as: the circular tower, the solar clock, the temple of the 3 windows, the house of the guardian, the main square.
At the end of the tour you will have free time to walk around the citadel on your own and then return to the town of Aguas Calientes in the same way by bus where you can taste their food in one of the restaurants in town.
At a prudent hour you will have to approach the train station to board your transport which will leave the town of Aguas Calientes towards the town of Poroy, upon your arrival we will be waiting for your transfer back to your hotel in Cusco.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Plaza De Armas, Oficina # 01 interior, Calle Plateros 326, Cusco 08000, Peru
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :4:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.