Machu Picchu Express 4 Days
Immerse yourself in the archeological and cultural wonders of the Incas. The 4-day travel to Machu Picchu allows you to enjoy breathtaking scenery and magnificent views of the ancient treasures of the Incas that include ancient Incan capital of Cusco, the lush green Sacred Valley and one of the Wonders of the World, Machu Picchu. This travel to Machu Picchu tour package is ideal for both beginners and expert travelers alike, that comes with guided tours, hotel room (with breakfast), and transfers to and from the airports in Cusco, and much more!
per adult from
What's included :
- 3x Breakfast
- 2x Lunch
- Accommodation included: 3 nights
- • Accommodation: 3 night(s) in hotel(s) in Cusco and Aguas Calientes.
- • All entrance fees and excursions mentioned in itinerary: in Cusco, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu.
- • Guided: by local quality English or Spanish speaking guides (according client requested).
- • All transfers: airport, train station or bus station transfers.
- • Train ticket: Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes – Cusco (Expedition Class).
- • Meals: According mentioned in the itinerary (vegetarian or special diets are available).
- • All ground transportation.
- • 24 hour support by our local staff.
- Entry/Admission - Cusco Cathedral
- Entry/Admission - Sacred Valley of the Incas
- Entry/Admission - Santuario Historico de Machu Picchu
What's excluded :
- • International and domestic flights.
- • VISA procedures, travel insurance, pre and post tour accommodation.
- • Other expenses of a personal nature (alcoholic beverages, laundry, etc.).
- • Tips for guides, drivers and other staff.
- • Guidance in other language (Germany, French, others).
- • Anything not specified in the itinerary description.
- • Entrance fee to Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain.
Day 1: Arrival to Cusco and Cusco Walking Tour
Stop At: Cusco Cathedral, Portal Belen Plaza de Armas, Cusco 08002 Peru
On arrival in Cusco, assistance at the airport and transport to your hotel. The rest of the morning is free to rest in order to avoid ill effects due to the high altitude.
Pick up from the hotel at 14:00pm – walking tour will begin at Colourfull San Pedro market, there's probably no better market to experience Cusqueñan life. Enjoy a first-hand look at how local residents live day-to-day outside the postcard perfection of Cusco’s main square. The guide will explain the history of this market as you wander through the narrow aisles laden with colorful fabrics, meals, fruit juice, breads, crafts, shaman stalls, etc.
After we visit Cusco's main square, a busy and vibrant space that marks the colonial center of the city; which features wide stone pathways and well-kept colorful gardens.
Then we walked towards the street of Hatun Rumiyoc. The walls of the palace have a Snake and Puma on it. Moreover, there you can observe the well-known 12 angle stone which is a symbol of perfection in Incan Architecture.
After, we will head to the Temple of the Sun (Qorikancha) upon which the Convent of Santo Domingo has been built. Interesting fact: according to a legend, this temple was entirely gold plated which left many conquerors impressed with its magnificence when they came here!
Suggested flight schedule --- Lima (09:00am) - Cusco (10:20am)
Duration: 4 hours
No meals included on this day.
Accommodation included: Overnight at the Hotel in Cusco.
Day 2: Full day to Sacred Valley (Pisac, Ollantaytambo)
Stop At: Sacred Valley of the Incas, 0051 Peru
Breakfast at hotel; Pick up from your hotel at 07:30am.
We will embark on a journey back in time to the Inca´s Sacred Valley beginning in Pisac, 31 km from Cusco. The ancient Incan archeological site and city is located on the top of a mountain. There you will have the chance to witness the impressive stonemasonry skill of our ancient ancestors.
Afterward you will go down into the quaint little town and wander through its colorful market where you can buy intricate, beautifully hand crafted products.
Afterward lunch will be served at a local restaurant.
Then we will continue to Ollantaytambo, a military, religious and agricultural center of the Incas located at the top of a mountain. Note: unlike other small towns, this one has maintained its original Incan design including outstanding stone buildings and narrow streets. It was once used as a fortress, administrative and urban center.
After the tour we will make our way to the Ollantaytambo train station where we will catch the train to Aguas Calientes. Then, you will be transferred to your hotel at around 20:45pm.
Expedition train --- Ollantaytambo (19:04pm) - Aguas Calientes (20:45pm)
Duration: 13 hours
Accommodation included: Overnight at the Hotel in Aguas Calientes.
Day 3: Visit to the Sanctuary of Machu Picchu & Back to Cusco
Stop At: Santuario Historico de Machu Picchu, Machu Picchu Peru
Breakfast at the hotel; at 06:00am you will ride a bus to Machu Picchu archeological site (2,430m/7,972ft) declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1983 and one of the New Seven Wonders of the World in 2007, the hilltop citadel deserved every bit of its fame.
Around 07:30am the guided tour begins, the guide will expertly direct you throughout the astounding ruins and its main streets. You can then wander around the town squares as well as climb the intricately carved stairways made of stone. Machu Picchu is considered to be the world’s spiritual center by esoteric wisdom. The guided tour takes around two hours.
From 10:30am to 12:30pm once the guided tour is over, you will have some free time to explore the citadel on your own.
From 12:30pm to 13:30pm take bus to Aguas Calientes.
From 13:30pm to 15:00pm take lunch at local restaurant in Aguas Calientes.
Return to Cusco: later board the train for the return trip to Cusco. You will stop at the Poroy station and then be picked up and driven to your hotel in Cusco, where you will arrive at 20:05pm.
Expedition train --- Aguas Calientes (15:20pm) – Cusco (19:05pm)
Note about train tickets: We will attempt to book tickets on this train, but if there are timetable changes or trains are fully booked, we may need to book an alternative service.
Duration: 14 hours
Accommodation included: Overnight at the Hotel in Cusco.
Day 4: Departure from Cusco
Stop At: Cusco, Cusco, Cusco Region
Breakfast at hotel; at the scheduled time our representative will meet you in the hotel lobby, transfer and assistance on your departure.
Suggested flight schedule --- Cusco (08:40am) - Lima (10:05am)
Duration: 30 minutes
No accommodation included on this day.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Our representative will meet you at Airport arrivals area, it will be holding a white board with yourname clearly marked.Airports
- Velazco Astete Airport, Cusco Peru
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.