Madeira Nuns Valley Sightseeing Tour from Funchal, Canico, and Machico
Enjoy a 3-hour guided tour from Funchal, exploring gorgeous scenery and historical sites. Visit Nuns Valley, stop at Pico dos Barcelos to take in the breath-taking views and venture into Eira do Serrado, where you can see the Nuns Valley below. This tour includes transport by an air-conditioned minibus and hotel pickup and drop-off.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Funchal, Canico, and Machico
- Professional guide
- All taxes, fees, and handling charges
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Pickup from Funchal cruise port (depending on selected option)
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Valley of the Nuns, Caminho da Padaria, Curral das Freiras, Camara De Lobos, Madeira 9030-314 Portugal
Next, you will venture forth to the Village of Nuns Valley - Curral das Freiras. The valley is situated in a huge natural amphitheater, surrounded by some of Madeira’s highest peaks. The village was founded in the 16th century by the nuns of the convent of “Santa Clara” in Funchal, from where the nuns fled from pirate attacks in 1566. The center of the village is situated on a small rise in the middle of the valley. You will stop there for about 30 minutes
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Miradouro Pico Dos Barcelos, Estrada Comandante Camacho de Freitas, Funchal, Madeira Portugal
You will start your tour at Belvedere. Pico dos Barcelos has an observation point on the edge of Funchal, it is 355m (1165 ft). There’s a magnificent view across Funchal from the top of the viewpoint, at which you will stop for about 15 minutes.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Eira do Serrado, E 107, Camara De Lobos, Madeira Portugal
You will then head to Eira do Serrado, overlooking “Curral das Freiras” a horse shoe shaped valley far below. The Views have three sheer sides that cut into the serrated peaks of Madeira. Here, Madeira’s highest mountain was mistakenly believed to have been a volcanic crater. It is now known that its dramatic geographical shape was created by the river itself. From there, you can admire the tiny terraced fields which grow wine, fruit and vegetables and the slopes far below with sweet chestnut trees. You will stop there for around 30 minutes.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pickup from All accommodation in Funchal, Canico, or Machico that are not on the list.Ports
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.