Magallanes National Reserve from Punta Arenas
The Magallanes National Reserve is located 7 kilometers west of the city of Punta Arenas and has beautiful hiking trails, where you can walk while admiring the vegetation and, with a bit of luck, the native fauna.
We will accompany you on this adventure where you can do two different trekking, one towards the "Las Minas" estuary, and another longer towards Mount Fenton. It is an ideal tour to learn more about the protected native species of the place, and enjoy the breathtaking views.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance to the National Park
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Other food and / or drinks not mentioned in the itinerary
- Other expenses not specified on this itinerary
We will begin our activity heading towards the Magallanes National Reserve along a gravel road. After arriving at "El Mirador", a flat trekking path, we will begin our trek that will last a little less than a kilometre to reach the "Las Minas" estuary. This place has great historical importance since it was the most important area of coal extraction in the first half of the 20th century. While we walk you can observe different native vegetation such as lengas or Coigües, and if we are lucky we can see some native animals as well.
After this first walk, We will get on the vehicle to go to the entrance of the Park to begin the longer and more difficult trekking. We will walk along the path of Mount Fenton for almost 2 kilometres to reach the top and enjoy the panoramic views of the city, the Strait of Magellan and the legendary Island of Tierra del Fuego. After a short break, we will descend along the same path and return by van to Punta Arenas.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
The pick up transfer is only from selected centrally located hotels. If your hotel is outside the geographic area, we will confirm you the closest meeting point. Indicate the name and address of your hotel.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This trekking is subject to wind conditions.
- In winter season some trails may be closed due to weather conditions.
- Use Trekking shoes and Outdoor clothing
- Good health
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- It is the passenger's responsibility to wear a protective mask and maintain distance. In case they don't respect the basic safety measures, they will be asked to leave the tour. The capacity of the tour will be temporarily reduced to ensure social distancing
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.