Magical CHRiSTMAS MARKETS along the ROMANTIC ROAD from Munich to Rothenburg o.d.T.
*****2021 CHRISTMAS MARKETS ROMANTIC ROAD: FROM 26 NOVEMBER*****
Can the romance of the Romantic Road be surpassed? Certainly during the Advent season, when the Christmas markets open in the historic towns and in the glow of countless lights the scent of mulled wine & old Franconian specialities blows through the narrow lanes. Join us on this exclusive private day trip and let yourself be enchanted by the pre-Christmas flair of these medieval gems!
In our new and comfortable VW Minivan, travel comfortably to the most beautiful places, let the Christmas magic take effect on you, and gladly determine the length of stay yourself. Your personal, professional, friendly and even Christmas-loving guide will always be at your side with advice & deeds and will also explain the history of the numerous sights.
We offer 2 tour lengths, so you can also explore the absolute highlight of this trip extensively: the world-famous Rothenburg ob der Tauber!
Image Credit see "Additional Info"
per adult from
570 to 690 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professionally conducted private full-day excursion (only your group participates)
- Drive in a new, comfortable and winterproof VW-Minivan (a/c), Wi-Fi on board
- Licensed, friendly and experienced Guide
- City Tour Rothenburg o.d.T./Drive along the Romantic Road
- Duration: 9.5 or 11.5 hours
- Mineral water
- No hidden costs!
- COVID-19 SAFE
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Olympic Tower, Spiridon-Louis-Ring 7 Olympiapark, 80809 Munich, Bavaria Germany
We carefully curate our selection of Christmas markets for each tour to give you the ultimate tour experience. At the same time, this is YOUR exclusive tour, so we welcome your suggestions and do our best to accommodate your wishes. Whether you prefer to stay longer at one stop or add a whole new one, let us know and we’ll adapt your bespoke tour accordingly.
... but now: Sit back and relax, rest assured that you are in good hands with your friendly & professional tour guide, who will take you on eventful, informative yet relaxing excursions in our new VW Comfort Van
... after passing the venue of the 1972 Olympic Games, we take the Autobahn (motorway) A8 heading Northwest ...
Stop At: Donauworth, Donauworth, Swabia, Bavaria
The so-called “Reichsstrasse”, the main road of Donauwoerth offers an impressive ‘taster' of the sights to come on this historically rich and picturesque tour.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Harburg Castle, Burgstrasse 1, 86655, Harburg, Bavaria Germany
At this stage you will definitely feel the romantic vibe of the tour:
This charming little town along the river Woernitz offers splendid photo opportunities, as does the castle high above. (The castle can only be visited in the summer season, from mid-March to early November)
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Nordlingen, Nordlingen, Swabia, Bavaria
Located in the midst of a meteorite crater, the former imperial city of Nördlingen boasts a fully walkable circular city wall.
The 90-meter high church tower "Daniel" was formerly used as a watchtower.
At the latest here we meet our first Christmas market (open daily from 11 a.m.)
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes
Stop At: Dinkelsbuhl, Dinkelsbuhl, Middle Franconia, Franconia, Bavaria
Dinkelsbühl could be called the "little sister" of Rothenburg - just as romantic but not so crowded. It is the perfect place to have lunch (not included), your guide can recommend a good restaurant to you.
The old town is dominated by the tower of the Gothic St. Georg-Church, a visit to the almost 60 square meter nativity scene inside is definitely worthwhile! The Dinkelsbühl Christmas market, located in the historic 'Spitalhof', is open daily from 1 p.m., on Saturdays and Sundays from 11 a.m.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Rothenburg ob der Tauber, Rothenburg ob der Tauber, Middle Franconia, Franconia, Bavaria
This world-famous medieval city will exceed all your expectations!
We can start with an approx. 1 hour guided walking tour in the very heart of the city, leading you to all the breathtaking sights, including:
> the town hall at central plaza
> the 'Meistertrunk - clock'
> the Saint James church (small entrance fee) with its noteworthy wood-carved altar (early 16th century) containing the famous holy blood relic and Riemenschneider’s masterpiece of woodcarving
> the viewpoint at the former castle's location
> the splendid 'boulevard' Herrengasse with the overwhelming Christmas world and much more!
Back to the main square:
Nestled in the picturesque setting between the town hall and the church, the Rothenburg Christmas Market, called the 'Reiterlesmarkt', is one of the most charming in Germany. And as one of the few, it has a centuries-old tradition, as the name suggests. The "Reiterle" comes from the Germanic legend world and - like Santa Claus - is a lucky figure that delights all people through his visit. (Open daily from 11 a.m.)
Duration: 4 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Nuremberg Christmas Market, Hauptmarkt, Nuremberg, Bavaria Germany
If you have booked the 11.5-hours tour, you'll have 2 hours more time to enjoy your favorite places, and/or on the way back to Munich we can visit the beautiful Nuremberg Christmas markets. Located on the main square, the 'Christkindlesmarkt' is world-famous and is one of the largest Christmas markets in Germany. (open daily from 10am)
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
.Pick-up at any hotel/address in Munich at 9:00 or 10:00 AM, or any other pick-up time according to your wishes - then we ask for a short note..Pick-up (and/or return) is also possible outside Munich (e.g. MUC airport) on customer request; additional costs may apply. We will be happy to inform you!
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- TRAVEL*SAFE & WITH CONFIDENCE ...and the certainty that with ALL our tours you & your Loved ones are safe and protected - Since our vehicle is equipped with the protective partition screens (removable), we now even exceed all COVID-19 requirements: 1) Only your group travels in our Minivan, which is cleaned and disinfected after each use. Hand Sanitizer is on board. 2) As your (Driver-) Guide I can provide an up-to-date health-certificate. 3) The Minivan is driven EXCLUSIVELY by me (owner of SiGHTSEEiNG BAVARiA EXCLUSiVE) - so there is 100% transparency and maximum security guaranteed. 4) When we leave the minivan for sightseeing, we STRICTLY AVOID ALL CROWDS AND GATHERINGS. The top priority is to keep a safe distance! If you have any doubts about visiting a particular attraction, we will always be able to offer alternative destinations. 5) We keep ourselves up-to-date on the latest recommendations and directives of the WHO and the German government. 6) If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us anytime. // WHENEVER YOU ARE READY FOR YOUR NEXT TRIP: Trust in SiGHTSEEiNG BAVARiA EXCLUSiVE Tours - even in turbulent times - we take the situation seriously and take prudent measures to keep you safe! Stay healthy & well, with warm regards, Stefan [SiGHTSEEiNG BAVARiA EXCLUSiVE]
- Image credit Fotos #Titel, #1 - #7: © Rothenburg-Tourismus(dot)de // Image credit Fotos #8 - #13: © Touristik Service Dinkelsbühl, Picture authors in detail: Foto#7 ©David Haas / Foto#8 ©Ingrid Wenzel / Foto#9 ©Ingrid Wenzel / Foto#10 ©Ingrid Wenzel / Foto#11 ©Ingrid Wenzel / Foto#12 ©David Haas / Foto#13©David Haas // Image Credit Fotos #14 - #19 © Nürnberg Tourismus, Picture authors in detail: Foto#14 ©Uwe Niklas / Foto#15 ©Florian Trykowski / Foto#16 ©Uwe Niklas / Foto#17 ©Florian Trykowski / Foto#18 ©Steffen Oliver Riese / Foto#19 ©Uwe Niklas
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- We wish our valued customers a HAPPY and HEALTHY New Year 2021 ... WHENEVER YOU ARE READY FOR YOUR NEXT EXPERIENCE: Trust our comprehensive COVID-19 measures on this and our 30 other EXCLUSiVE tours and travel SAFE & COMFORTABLE ... - More about COVID-19 under "Additional Info".
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.