Magna Carta, English Castle and Stately Home Tour - Private Tour from Bath
A trip to England is not complete without seeing one of its castles and magnificent Stately Homes. This private day-trip from Bath takes you to the region's best example of a moated castle and one of the region's finest Stately Homes. The house is still lived in today by the Marquess & Marchioness of Bath. The tour also includes a visit to the historic 13th century Salisbury Cathedral. At the cathedral you can see a rare copy of the 1215 Magna Carta - a document that changed life in this country and many others.
• See a rare copy of the 1215 Magna Carta
• Explore the romantic ruins of a small moated 14th century castle
• Visit a grand country home that has entertained Kings and Queens over the centuries
• Throughout the day enjoy the benefits of a local private guide and private transportation
• All admissions included
• Tour available Monday to Saturday between March and October
per adult from
8 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private tour with a local guide
- Transport by private vehicle with air-conditioning
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- All admission fees into the attractions
- Entry/Admission - Salisbury Cathedral and Magna Carta
- Entry/Admission - Longleat House
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Salisbury Cathedral and Magna Carta, 6 The Close, Salisbury SP1 2EF England
After being collected from Bath you will be driven by private vehicle to Salisbury for a private tour of the 13th century cathedral. You will be shown its unique and unusual features and see the world's oldest working clock. You will also visit the Magna Carta exhibition which has an original copy of the 1215 Magna Carta on display. There are only 4 remaining copies of the 1215 Magna Carta, the one at Salisbury is the best preserved.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Nunney Castle, Castle Street, Nunney, Frome BA11 4NJ England
After lunch you will be driven to the village of Nunney to explore the romantic ruins of a small 14th century castle. The castle is the best example of a moated castle in the region and was built by a knight who had fought in the wars in France. It saw action in the country's Civil War.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Longleat House, Warminster BA12 7NW England
After exploring the castle you will be driven to the magnificent Stately Home of Longleat House. Built in the late 1500s this grand country home has been home to 15 generations of the same family and is still lived in today. Over the centuries it has entertained Kings and Queens, including our current Queen.
We will explore the rooms of the house that are open to the public and the gardens before driving back to Bath. You will return to Bath around 5pm.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
This tour picks-up and drops-off at locations In Bath – ideal for visitors staying in Bath or visiting Bath for the day. If your accommodation in Bath is not listed or you would like to be picked up from a central location in the city e.g. the Bath Spa railway station - please provide the details.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Face masks are required inside the vehicle when we are driving (disposable masks will be provided if needed). Bath Insider Tours has been awarded the "We're Good to Go" certification by the National Tourism Board of England to recognise it is following government and industry COVID-19 guidelines.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.