Magnetic Island Round-Trip Ferry From Townsville
Enjoy the secluded paradise of Magnetic Island, a tropical destination known for its quiet beaches, rugged landscape, and abundant wildlife. Easily accessible via the ferry from the City of Townsville, Magnetic Island is only 20 minutes away with SeaLink, the quickest link to this idyllic tropical location to set the clock to island time.
SeaLink offers up to 18 trips a day to Magnetic Island, the ferry terminal in Townsville is located close to the CBD and The Strand and only 12 minutes from the Townsville Airport. You can easily make a day on Magnetic Island or stay for as long as you want, for the best island experience on the east coast of Australia.
Return tickets are valid for up to 30 days from purchase, so take your time and enjoy snorkel trails, and hiking trails of the Magnetic Island National Park, home to the largest colony of Koala's in Northern Australia, and a perfect base to explore the GBR.
per adult from
What's included :
- Return Trip Ferry Transfer
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Enjoy a quick and easy ferry transfer to Magnetic Island with SeaLink. With up to 18 trips a day, and a short 20 minute trip across Cleveland Bay to the Magnetic Island Marina in Nelly Bay. The local Magnetic Island bus service meets every ferry arrival, and departure making it easy and affordable to explore Magnetic Island.
Spend as much time as you like on the island with the flexibility of a return ticket that is valid for one month with a range of accommodation to suit every budget. With 23 bays, plus many beaches with fringing reefs and a network of shipwrecks, there's plenty to explore in the water. You can explore the island by yacht, snorkeling tours, day trips to the Great Barrier Reef, sea kayaking, fishing and jet-skiing.
On land, almost 70 percent of the island is protected by national parks. You can walk along nearly 15 miles (24 km) of walking trails in varied terrain. Wildlife thrives here, as Magnetic Island is well known as the home to the largest population of Koala’s in Northern Australia.
The only self-contained island in the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park, Magnetic Island has modern conveniences such as shops, spas, hotels and banks within reach of pristine wilderness areas.
After taking in Magnetic Island at your own leisure and expense, choose from up to
18 Ferry departure times to return to Townsville.
Departure Point :1: Breakwater Ferry Terminal, Townsville QLD 4810, Australia
2: Magnetic Island Ferry Terminal Stop 1, Nelly Bay QLD 4819, Australia
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 9/25/2020 - 3/31/2021
7/1/2021 - 9/24/2021
Monday - Sunday: 08:20 AM - 04:25 PM
9/25/2021 - 3/31/2022
Monday: 05:30 AM - 11:30 PM Tuesday: 05:30 AM - 11:30 PM Wednesday: 05:30 AM - 11:30 PM Thursday: 05:30 AM - 11:30 PM Friday: 05:30 AM - 11:30 PM Saturday: 06:30 AM - 11:00 PM Sunday: 05:30 AM - 11:30 PM Monday - Sunday: 08:20 AM - 04:25 PM
Return Detail :1: Magnetic Island Ferry Terminal Stop 1, Nelly Bay QLD 4819, Australia
2: Breakwater Ferry Terminal, Townsville QLD 4810, Australia
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The return tickets are open dated for one month
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.