Magnificent Athens & Marathon By Locals Premium Full Day Tour
In the first part of this full day tour you will enjoy the City Tour of Athens, the visit to the famous New Acropolis Museum, the visit around of Pnix Hill the birth place of Democracy where Parthenon temple is lying, as well as a unique cultural experience among Athens' most famous buildings and neighbourhoods witnessing the more than 3000 years of history of this city! On the second part we will visit the place where the Battle of Marathon between the Greek and the Persian forces took place, and the place where the original Athens Authentic Marathon starts from!
per adult from
8 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Parking Fees
- Private transportation
- WiFi on board
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees
- Official national guide(can be arranged in advance on extra cost)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Athens, Athens, Attica
In this full day tour first you will enjoy the City Tour of Athens!
After passing from the Acropolis and its museum, we will start moving around the neighbourhoods of this magnificent city, witnessing more than 3000 years of history!
During this Athens tour you will have a full view of Athens with its historical sites and monuments such as: the Panathenian stadium, the national gallery, the archaeological museum, Syntagma square, Plaka area, St. Paul's Anglican Church, the Royal gardens, the houses of parliament, the tomb of the unknown soldier, St. Denis Roman Catholic Cathedral, the academy of arts & letters, Athens University, the national library, the change of the honor guards, Zappion congress, the temple of Olympic Zeus, Hadrian's gate, the theater of Dionysus, the Asclepieum medical center, Herod Atticus Odeon, the Areios Pagos (St. Paul Acts XVII on Mars Hill) and the magnificent city view from the secret balcony of Lycabettus Hill overviewing Athens and Piraeus port!
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: Marathon, Marathon, East Attica Region, Attica
After having visited Athens city, we will depart for a short drive to Marathon city, about 40 km north from the center of Athens! First, we will visit the Marathon Lake. It is an artificial lake made in order to collect water to be used for the water supply of Athens. Then, we will pass by the Museum of Marathon Race. The medal of the first Olympic Winner Spyros Louis is kept here as well. Afterwards, time for visit the Archaeological Site of Marathon and then Tumulus, with nine meters height of soil that covered the 192 Athenians who fell in the victorious famous battle against the Persians in 490 BC... So great history here!!!
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Athens Intl Airport, Attiki Odos, Spata 190 04 Greece
- Piraeus Cruise Port
- Alimos Marina
- Floisvos Marina
- Zeas Marina
- Lavrion Marina
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. Luxury Mini Van 3/16/2020 - 1/31/2022
Sedan Car 3/16/2020 - 1/31/2022
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 04:00 PM Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 04:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.