Magnificent Athens By Locals Half Day Premium City Tour
In this half day tour you will enjoy the City Tour of Athens, the visit to the famous New Acropolis Museum, the visit around of Pnix Hill the birth place of Democracy where Parthenon temple is lying, as well as a unique cultural experience among Athens' most famous buildings and neighbourhoods witnessing the more than 3000 years of history of this city!
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Parking Fees
- Private transportation
- WiFi on board
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees
- Official national guide(can be arranged in advance on extra cost)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Athens, Athens, Attica
During this half-day city tour you will have the chance to visit the Parthenon an the famous New Acropolis Museum with the most important exhibits lying in front of you.
During this tour you will be narrated the city's history whilst admiring the magnificent views of historical and archaeological sites; the ex royal palace with its famous gardens, the change of the guards, Hadrian's Arch, The Parthenon and its marbles, the theatre of Dionysus, the Asklepieion, and other sites with more than 4000 years of history that are waiting to be explored.
The Erechtheium Caryatides
In the Acropolis tour, you will be introduced to some of Parthenon's uniquely astonishing facts and figures such as: A total of 2,675 tons of architectural members were restored, with 686 stones reassembled from fragments of the originals, 905 patched with new marble, and 186 parts made entirely of new marble. A total of 530 cubic meters of new Pentelic marble were used.
A caryatid is a sculpted female figure serving as an architectural support taking the place of a column or a pillar supporting an entablature on her head. The Greek term karyatides literally means "maidens of Karyai", an ancient town of the Peloponnese. Karyai had a famous temple dedicated to the goddess Artemis in her aspect of Artemis Karyatis: "As Karyatis she rejoiced in the dances of the nut-tree village of Karyai, those Karyatides, who in their ecstatic round-dance carried on their heads baskets of live reeds, as if they were dancing plants"
The New Acropolis Museum
Furthermore, there will be time to visit The New Acropolis Museum to admire the exhibits illustrating 5000 years of history. It is an archaeological museum focused on the findings of the archaeological site of the Acropolis. The museum was built in 2003 to house every artifact found on the rock and on its feet, from the Greek Bronze Age to Roman and Byzantine Greece. It lies on the archaeological site of Makrygianni at the lower part of the Acropolis hill.
During this Athens half day tour you will have a full view of Athens with its historical sites and monuments such as: the Panathinaikon stadium, the national gallery, the archaeological museum, the national theater, Omonoia square, the open market, the national history Museum, Syntagma square, Plaka area, the major shopping district in the city centre, St. Paul's Anglican Church, the Royal gardens, the houses of parliament, the tomb of the unknown soldier, St. Denis Roman Catholic Cathedral, the academy of arts & letters, Athens University, the national library, the presidential residence (ex Royal Palace), the change of the honor guards, Zappion congress, the temple of Olympic Zeus, Hadrian's gate, the theater of Dionysus, the Asclepieum medical center, Herod Atticus Odeon, and the Areios Pagos (St. Paul Acts XVII on Mars Hill).
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Athens Intl Airport, Attiki Odos, Spata 190 04 Greece
- Piraeus Cruise Port
- Alimos Marina
- Floisvos Marina
- Zeas Marina
- Lavrion Marina
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. Luxury Mini Van 3/16/2020 - 1/31/2022
Sedan Car 3/16/2020 - 1/31/2022
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 04:00 PM Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 04:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.