Mahamuni Pagoda and Crafts Tour half day tour
Being the center of culture of Myanmar, Mandalay is where you can not only explore Burmese Buddhism but also know more about the cottage industries. To do so, the half day tour of Mahamuni Pagoda & Crafts in Mandalay seems to be the most perfect combination.
What You'll Do
• Discover Burmese Buddhism by paying a visit to the Mahamuni Pagoda
• Witness the technique of making this gold leaf and other traditional handicrafts such as wood carving, kalaga tapestries, which has been preserved for centuries.
• Observe the local craftsmen at work
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- English-speaking guide
- Transfer with private air-conditioned vehicle with driver
- Water and refreshing towel
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees for the visits mentioned in the program
- Mandalay Zone Entrance Fee
- Any private transportation
- End of trip gratitude for driver, boatmen, hotels, restaurants, and local guide
- Mahamuni Pagoda is the first stop of your sightseeing tour of Mandalay. Being home to one of the most revered Buddha images of Myanmar, this pagoda have been covered with gold leaf giving it an almost ‘lumpy’ texture over the years. On touring traditional workshops, you will learn more about the cottage industries of Mandalay, which is well known for its skilled craftsmen. Here, you will have amazing chance to observe the production of gold-leaf, kalaga tapestries and wood carvings with the techniques remained unchanged from those used centuries ago to craft items for the Royal Court.
Time: 0800-1200 or 1300-1700
Departure Point :Hotels in Mandalay city
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Hotels in Mandalay city
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.