MAK - Museum of Applied Arts, Vienna, Ticket
Discover the fascinating era of “Vienna around 1900” in the grand museum building on Vienna’s Ringstraße with art nouveau masterpieces of the Wiener Werkstätte by Gustav Klimt, Josef Hoffmann, or Koloman Moser. Inaugurated in 1871, the building by Heinrich von Ferstel is one of the grandest works of architecture on Vienna’s Ringstraße. Today the MAK, originally founded as the “Imperial Royal Austrian Museum of Art and Industry”, accommodates a unique collection of precious art and craftwork from the fields of furniture, glass, porcelain, silver, and textiles from the middle ages to today. With more than 900.000 objects and printed works it is one of the most important museums of its kind in the world. In addition, the MAK presents top-class temporary exhibitions in the fields of art, design and architecture.
per adult from
1 to 3 hours
What's included :
- Ticket is valid for visiting the permanent collections as well as the temporary exhibitions.
- Free MAK Guide App for iOS and Android
- Free admission for children and teens under 19
- Free cloakroom
What's excluded :
- Food and Drinks
- Hotel pick-and and drop off
- Visit: MAK - Austrian Museum of Applied Arts/Contemporary Art, Stubenring 5 Wien, Vienna 1010 Austria
The rooms of the Permanent Collection show crowning moments in the history of the applied arts, ranging from the Middle Ages to the 21st century, as well as exemplars of contemporary art. In addition, the outstanding program of temporary exhibitions shown at the MAK has established it as one of the most innovative art institutions in the world.
MAK Permanent Collection VIENNA 1900
A fascinatingly diverse cultural era, “Vienna 1900” became a myth long ago. The MAK focuses on the equally multifaceted and momentous design and arts and crafts of this period in its Permanent Collection VIENNA 1900. Some 500 exhibits have been specially chosen and arranged in diverse thematic displays in order to shine a light on the art historical as well as sociopolitical aspects of Viennese Modernism.
MAK DESIGN LAB
Across approximately 2 000 square meters, the MAK DESIGN LAB demonstrates the many ways design can contribute to positive change. Contemporary projects by designers, artists, architects, programmers, activists, and idealists that react to the challenges of the 21st century and visualize problems, suggest alternatives, or offer solutions are contextualized in complex ways with historical approaches from the MAK collection.
More than 500 objects, as well as tools, scientific research, and technologies present alternative paths for our current lifestyles and show approaches for a sustainable transformation of our modes of production, lifestyles, habits, and systems.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :MAK - Austrian Museum of Applied Arts/Contemporary Art, Stubenring 5 Wien, Vienna 1010 Austria
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Your tickets will be held at the MAK for collection on the day
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.