Makalu Expedition 2021
Mt. Makalu (8463m) is the fifth tallest mountain on earth. It lies in the northeast region of Nepal close to Mt.Everest and Mt.Lhotse. Its size alone is impressive, but its perfect pyramid structure with four sharp ridges makes this mountain all the more spectacular Makalu means the Great Black One, so called due to its dark brooding appearance.
The first attempt on Makalu was made by an American team in 1954, but it was failed to reach on the top of Makalu. In 1955 French team has reached on the top of Mt. Makalu for the first time. Only five of the first sixteen attempts were successful. Makalu has steep pitches and knife- edged ridges. The final ascent of the summit pyramid involves a technical ice and rock climbing. The route to Makalu Base Camp (4823m) involves a sustained steep slope with magnificent views of Makalu (8463m) to the north. Climbing Makalu is really a demanding at present.
per adult from
What's included :
- . Makalu Climbing Permit
- National park permit
- Helicopter service but only in group, not individually.
- Lodging & Fooding during Expedition
- Transfer in Kathmandu
- Hotel in Kathmandu on BB plan
- Climbing Sherpa ( 1 member=1 Sherpa)
- Group Climbing gear ( rope, ice crew, snow bar, rock piton, Epi gas, cooking pots and others)
- Tents in Base camp and High camps.
- Oxygen(4 oxygen per each member & 2 oxygen per Sherpa)
- Oxygen Mask regulator sets
- Liaison Officer's fee
- Kitchen Staffs at Base camp
- Flight to-from Tumglingtar.
- Porter to BC & back
- Solar set at Base camp
- Local Simcard in Kathmandu (must return at the end of expedition)
- Staff insurance
- Allowance for Sherpa & other staffs
- Weather Report
What's excluded :
- International Air fare.
- Personal climbing equipments.
- 1000 $ USD as Summit Bonus to your personal sherpa
- Lunch and Dinner & Drink in Kathmandu.
- Nepal Visa fee
- Personal climbing Insurance
- Individual Helicopter service or Rescue if needed
- Staff gratuities if you like.
Day 01: Arrival KTM & transfer to hotel -1300m
Day 02: At leisure in Kathmandu
Day 03: Fly to Lukla
Day 04: Trek to Namche
Day 05: Trek to Khumjung
Day 06: Trek to Pangboche
Day 07: Trek to Dingboche
Day 08: Fly to Makalu Base Camp by helicopter/only in team
Day 09-29: Climbing period
Day 30: Pack Up ABC Ready for Departure.
Day 31: Descend to Makalu Base camp
Day 32: Fly to Lukla by helicopter/only in team
Day 33: Fly to Kathmandu by plane
Day 34: Leisure day in Kathmandu
Day 35: Depart Kathmandu to your own country
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Tribhuvan Airport, Kathmandu Nepal
Departure Time :1:15 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.