Make Your Own Chocolate Tour From Managua
If you ever wondered how that delicious chocolate you just savored is made, this tour is for you. You’ll visit Granada’s Choco Museum and learn how chocolate is made from fermented cacao bean to the final tasty bar. You’ll learn that chocolate making is quite an elaborate craft, as you’ll see while a guide explains the careful selection, roasting and grinding of cacao involved in making quality chocolate.
Did we mention that you will have the opportunity to make your own chocolate bar? As they say, best way to learn is to do hands out practice yourself. And while you’re at it, you can help yourself to some of the other cacao based products: liquor, cacao tea, skin lotions and other souvenir product that you can take home with you.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Round trip transport from Managua to Granada
- Chocolate making material
- Entry/Admission - ChocoMuseo Granada
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- In this workshop you will perform all the processes required to make chocolate from fermented organic cacao beans. You will learn how to roast, winnow, and grind cacao beans; mix, conch, and refine chocolate liquor; and mold your own handmade Nicaraguan chocolate bar that you can take with you.
During the workshop you also will learn recipes and sample Maya, Aztec, and Spanish cacao drink, as well as see real cacao trees and learn about the history and botany of cacao and chocolate.
And last but not least, you will have a great time! Enjoy an unforgettable experience, making your own chocolate from bean to bar.
Departure Point :Most Managua hotels
Departure Time :8am, 10am, 1pm, 3pm
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.