Making Merits at Kyaiktiyo (Golden Rock) in a Day
This tour is operated by a Travelife responsible tour operator. The program is suitable for travellers who wishes to visit the famous Kyaiktiyo Pagoda on day return.
Route : Yangon - Kyaiktiyo
Start : Yangon
End : Yangon
Kyaiktiyo Pagoda, Cable Car
per adult from
What's included :
- Tour Guide
- Private Transportation
- Entry/Admission - Kyaiktiyo Pagoda
What's excluded :
- Travel Insurance
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kyaiktiyo Pagoda, Kin Pun Myanmar
You will leave Yangon at 6:00 am for Kyaiktiyo (4:30hr drive)
The 7.3 meters-tall pagoda is consecrated on the top of a big balancing boulder known as "The Golden Rock", at the top of Mount Kyaiktiyo. A strand of Buddha’s hair enshrined inside the pagoda is widely believed to prevent the rock from tumbling down the mountain. The Kyaiktiyo Pagoda is one of the most important religious sites in Myanmar and a must-go destination for devout Buddhists. It is the third most important Buddhist pilgrimage site in Burma after the Shwedagon Pagoda and the Mahamuni Pagoda
Our transport will stop at Kinpun village, at the base of the mountain where you will ride an open passenger truck to Yathaetaung Stationn. Then take a cable car to the summit.
After sightseeing, return to Yangon.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Yangon, Myanmar (Burma)
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 1/1/2021 - 12/31/2021
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 06:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Due to Covid-19, there may be restrictions or barriers to travel to Myanmar. When in doubt, please check with us first.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.