Making of Margao, Goa - A Guided Tour
When in India, one of the best places to be is in the state of Goa. We have planned a three-hour tour for you. This tour is a tool to help you die in history, culture, and all about the making of Margao.
Margao is the second-largest city by population and the commercial and cultural capital of Goa. Margao is also known as Madgao and in pre-Portuguese times was one of the important settlements in Salcete.
In this tour, we have hand-picked best things to do and places to visit, for you, and they include, The Holy Spirit Church, Salvador Alvares House and Massacre of Margao, The Old Camara, visit to a Local Bakery (From Outside), A walk through Comba area, with predominantly Hindu architecture and houses closely packed together, Damodar Sal, The House of Prof. Nagvekar, Samadhi of Subrai Naik and Vitthal Mandir, The House of Antonio Costa, and A walk through Abbe Faria Road.
Tour Timings: 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
per adult from
What's included :
- Highly trained and friendly Storyteller/ Guide who can speak English & Hindi
- Great local tips and recommendations to save money and to explore the best of the city
- Access to hidden lanes and places
- Great conversations and interesting stories
What's excluded :
- Hotel Pickup and Drop
- Water Bottle
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Church of Holy Spirit, Bishop Francisco Rebello Road, Margao 403601 India
The Church of Holy Spirit was destroyed and rebuilt many times in Margao. The final erect structure was last built in 1675. Portuguese destroyed the Hindu Temple dedicated to Lord Damodar to build the Church. This white-washed Holy Spirit Church is a must-visit
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Damodar Sal, Comba, Margao, Goa 403601, India
Goa is a land of churches, but it has some valuable temples too. One of them is Damodar Sal. This serene place is a true symbol of peace and harmony.
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Holy Spirit Church, Holy Spirit Rd, Borda, Margao, Goa 403601, India
Departure Time :4:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Children below 5 years of age are allowed for free
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.