Malahide Castle and Gardens Admission Ticket
Take a breath of fresh air from Dublin city centre and enjoy a half day trip out to Malahide Castle and Gardens, located just 13 km (8 miles) outside of Dublin city centre along the scenic north Dublin coastline. With your admission ticket, step beyond the medieval castle door to enjoy a guided tour of the castle with a story dating back to the 12th century. The friendly and informative tour guides bring to life the story of Malahide Castle once owned by the Talbot Family for nearly 800 years. Enjoy a morning or afternoon exploring the 250 acre parkland with private gardens and the world renowned Avoca Café and retail store within the visitor centre.
per adult from
2 to 4 hours
What's included :
- Fully guided tour by English speaking guide
- Language headsets in French, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese and Russian
- Free extensive parking
- Entry/Admission - Malahide Castle
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Visit: Malahide Castle, Malahide Demesne, Malahide Ireland
At the regal 12th century Malahide Castle and Gardens, you will experience pure escapism as you lose yourself in the rich heritage and natural beauty of your surroundings.
The landmark and its grounds, combined history with modern conveniences create a magical, memorable visit. Enjoy a guided tour of one of Ireland’s oldest castles first built by Richard Talbot, a knight of King Henry II. The tour takes visitors through the interior of the castle’s main reception rooms and bedrooms with period furniture and portraits from the National Gallery of Ireland. Learn the fascinating story of the Talbot family who passed the castle from generation to generation over a period of 800 years up until 1975 and hear about some of its ghosts that still like to make an appearance from time to time!
Stroll out to the wonderful ornamental Botanic Gardens, which date from 1872 and largely created by the last Lord Milo Talbot. With nearly 5,000 varieties of plants from around the world there’s plenty to see and read about in the garden interpretive area within the visitor centre.
Within the restored courtyard is the visitor centre home to the world renowned Avoca Café & Retail. Enjoy a takeout lunch to the gardens from the foodhall or sit in the 170 seater café overlooking the beautiful views of the walled garden. Avoca provide a wide selection of dishes from locally sourced producers along with freshly baked cakes and scones. It’s definitely an experience not to be missed.
The grounds also have a state of the art playground, picnic sites, cycling centre, cricket pitch, tennis courts and golf course.
Just beyond the castle walls and within in a short 10 minute stroll you’ll discover the wonderful marina village of Malahide. Award winning bars, restaurants and boutiques line the picturesque streets enjoyed all year long by visitors and locals alike.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Malahide Castle, Malahide Demesne, Malahide Ireland
Departure Time :5/1/2020 - 4/30/2021
5/1/2021 - 4/30/2022
Monday - Sunday: 09:30 AM - 05:30 PM Monday - Sunday: 09:30 AM - 05:30 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible throughout the visitor centre
- Partly wheelchair accessible in the castle (1st floor reception rooms, no wheelchair access to the bedrooms)
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.