Maleku Chocolate Tour
This is a hands-on experience when you taste the raw fruit, peel the fresh roasted cacao beans, grind them and mix them in order to produce a rustic chocolate made all by yourself.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch - Typical lunch is included. Also included is a welcome beverage.
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Maleku Chocolate
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Maleku Chocolate, Llano Azul, 600 Metros Sureste de la Iglesia Catolica, Upala 193-5159 Costa Rica
Reconnect with the origin of cacao and love a hands-on experience when you taste the raw fruit, peel the fresh roasted cacao beans, grind them and mix them in order to produce a rustic chocolate made all by yourself.
Learn the history, biology, culture and nutritional values of this 100% organic cacao and chocolate grown on the authentic plantation.
Considered as a gift of the Gods, the cacao tree was very important to the ancient culture, it was not only used as a ceremonial drink, but its seeds were also used as currency because of its economic value, in many regions of Mesoamerica, including Costa Rica.
Also known as the food chamber of Costa Rica, the Upala region offers great climate and conditions for agriculture. Most of the Costa Rican pineapple, bananas and ornamental plants for exports is grown here.
This plantation know as the blue valley is the home The Maleku Award Wining Chocolate that bears the name of the indigenous tribe that is deeply rooted in the history and culture of the region.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from any condomininium, villa or hotel in the Playa del Coco, Playa Hermosa and Playa Ocotal areas in Guanacaste.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.