Malta Shore Excursion: Private Tour of Historic Palaces and Noble Homes
Discover Malta’s luxurious side while you’re in port on this shore excursion to the palaces and noble houses around Valletta. Malta has a long history with varied influences, including Roman, Greek, Arab, French and British, which has led to some beautiful architecture and sophisticated residences. As you visit Palazzo Parisio, Casa Rocca Piccola and the Upper Barrakka Gardens, you’ll see frescoes, magnificent marble, mirrored walls, trompe l'oeil art, paintings, extravagant gilding and other fantastic decor.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private vehicle
- Private tour guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Worry-free Shore Excursion Guarantee
- Entry/Admission - Casa Rocca Piccola
- Entry/Admission - Palazzo Parisio & Gardens
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Upper Barrakka Gardens, Battery Street, Valletta, Island of Malta VLT 1220 Malta
From these gardens you can enjoy unrivalled views across one of the world's largest and deepest natural harbours, Grand Harbour, and over to the Three Cities.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Casa Rocca Piccola, 74 Republic Street, Valletta, Island of Malta VLT 1117 Malta
This 16th century palazzo is a private residence, which is open to the public. The value of Casa Rocca Piccola lies in its ability to provide unique historical evidence into the customs and traditions of the Maltese nobility over the last 400 years. You can also see a collection of furniture, silver and paintings that add to the aesthetic riches of this country.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Palazzo Parisio & Gardens, 29, Victory Square, Naxxar, Island of Malta 1700 Malta
Palazzo Parisio is a stately home with a history, architecture and interior unique in Malta. The house owes its splendour to the Marquis Giuseppe Scicluna, whose vision and passion in the late 1890s inspired its magnificent interior. Described as a miniature Versailles, this opulent house is a showcase of Maltese craftsmanship at the turn of the 19th century. It houses the most ornate ballroom on the Islands, lavishly-decorated ceilings and frescoes, magnificent antique furniture, paintings and bronzes. Its gardens originally stretched for half a mile, and today are still an impressive example of classic, baroque formality. The Palazzo has been carefully restored by the family and is open to the public.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Note:In the unlikely event that your ship docks in Senglea (across the harbor from Valletta), the ship will provide a complimentary boat transfer across to Valletta. Please take this shuttle and proceed through the terminal building as per the normal instructions to the meeting point. We pick up from all hotels. Just let us know where you are staying and we will organise.Ports
- Valletta, Grand Harbour
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- At time of booking, Cruise Ship passengers must provide the following details under Special Requirements: Ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Face masks must be worn in vehicles and in museums
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Guests must::- Have their own face masks & carry sanitiser gel. Wear face masks whilst in transport & visiting museums. Retain the same seat throughout the day. Maintain a distance of 2 meters from any person outside their group. Comply with the specific protocols applicable for any sites.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 3 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.