Manchester: Football Experience With A Local Host
Discover how football is more than just a game in Manchester on this private and personalised experience with a Local Host.Explore Manchester and discover the sites that are historically important to the city’s football heritage, relax with the locals at a pub where fans head for a pint on match days, visit the old home ground of your team and stop by the National Football Museum, all with your Local Host. Manchester is home to the world’s richest and most supported football clubs and so the city is packed with restaurants and bars frequented (or owned) by players both past and present. So, expect to find pieces of football history at every spot you visit with your knowledgeable Local Host.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- a private and personalised experience
- 4 hours with your host
- Walking experience
- Uber \/ taxi to and from Stadium
- A pint of beer
- Entry/Admission - National Football Museum
- Entry/Admission - Maine Road Football Club
- Entry/Admission - Etihad Stadium
- Entry/Admission - Old Trafford
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Tickets to any attractions (most museums are free)
- Transportation costs
- Visit: National Football Museum, Cathedral Gardens Urbis Building, Manchester M4 3BG England
On this custom experience, discover the places that are historically important to Manchester's football heritage and hear stories of it’s best loved players, the wins and the losses, and enjoy a pint or two in a couple of infamous pubs as well.
Duration: 1 hour
Visit: Maine Road Football Club, 322 Wilbraham Rd, Manchester M21 0UX, UK
If you’re a Man City supporter, your Local Host will take you to Maine Road, Manchester City’s former grounds where you’ll be able to soak up it’s history and enjoy a pint in the (in)famous Maine Road pub, which was always busy on match days!
Duration: 1 hour
Visit: Etihad Stadium, Ashton New Road Etihad Campus, Manchester M11 3FF England
Then you could head to the Etihad Stadium, City’s impressive modern grounds which were actually built for the Commonwealth Games. Nearby you’ll find Bank Street, which is where United’s old ground was! In this once industrial neighbourhood, there's plenty of history to soak up, especially in the neighbourhood of Ancoats.
Duration: 1 minute
Visit: Sir Matt Busby Way, Old Trafford, Stretford, Manchester M16 0RA, UK
Manchester United fans will of course want to visit the Stadium of Dreams, and explore the area around Old Trafford which is another fascinating historic area. Here, you can stop by a pub which is the favourite of United fans on match day!
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :National Football Museum, Cathedral Gardens Urbis Building, Manchester M4 3BG England
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 8/29/2018 - 12/31/2023
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 08:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- After booking, you will receive a short questionnaire, so you’ll be able to tell us more about your interests and preferences. Based on your responses you’ll be matched with a like-minded Local Host.
- Meeting Point
- Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- City Unscripted and all City Unscripted hosts follow the WHO (World Health Organization) and local government’s health and safety recommendations at all times. To keep up to date with the latest news we recommend visiting these World Health Organization (WHO) website pages.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.