Mandalay & Rural Mandalay Sightseeing & Home Cooked Lunch
The full day sightseeing of the Mandalay Jade Market along with the rural part of Mandalay Shan Lay Kyunn village will make to see the undiscovered part of the old capital of Myanmar.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Jade Market
What's excluded :
- WiFi on board
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Restroom on board
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Jade Market, South Mandalay along 86th St., Mandalay Myanmar
After breakfast, we commence our Mandalay tour with a visit to a local gold leaf factory, where we witness local craftsmen hammering out sheets of gold until they are just a fraction of a millimetre thick. Our next stop is at the wonderful Mahamuni pagoda with its famous seated Buddha, after which we visit a traditional stone carving street to observe local craftsmen at work. A short stop at a traditional Jade market is an excellent opportunity to purchase a small souvenir made from famous Mandalay jade before we pay a lunchtime visit to the monks of the Shwe In Bin monastery.
After a delicious local lunch, we leave the city and make our way to Shan Lay Kyunn village on the banks of the Ayeyarwady River. This remarkably neat and tidy village is renowned locally for both the friendliness of its villagers and for its exquisite wood carving, which we will be able to experience first-hand. During the monsoon months, the river level rises so much that the city is completely engulfed, and becomes similar to the floating villages found on Inle Lake. After our visit, we transfer back to your accommodation where our guided tour of Mandalay will end.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.