Mandalay’s Arts and Architecture
The intricate designs of Burmese handicraft can be found around the country: as the capital for arts and craft, Mandalay has incorporated the work of its skilled artisans in many of its architectural landmarks and are considered some of the finest around.
• Experience the beauty of Burmese arts and craft
• Admire the former royal landmarks from up close;
• Watch the sun set from Mandalay Hill;
• Handicraft authenticity from beginning to the end
• Explore the downtown area of Myanmar’s 2nd largest city
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- A full day tour with a professional English-speaking guide.
- Transportation by car / mini-van / coach with professional driver.
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Lunch at a local restaurant (food only)
What's excluded :
- All entrance fees (to be paid on spot by the clients)
- Tours, inclusions of any kind and other services that are not outlined in the tour description
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees and optional tours, unless otherwise stated
- Hotel accommodation in the destination of commencement.
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Supplements for transfers for customers arriving or departing from any airport or resorts located outside the general pick-up and drop-off locations
- Hotel expenses of a personal nature, should an overnight be included: this includes mini-bar consumption, laundry, room service, any telephone or other communication cost not mentioned in the program
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Jade Market, South Mandalay along 86th St., Mandalay Myanmar
Pick up from your Mandalay hotel by an English speaking guide and driver as you prepare yourself to be amazed for a well-chosen path along the city’s most recognisable temples and buildings with lots of art and crafts woven in between. The handicraft industry in Mandalay has growth from strength to strength, capturing the culture and beauty in its most authentic way.
Stops will be made at the jade market, seeing masters at work in making traditional puppets, crafting bronze and marble images, or admire the detailed work of hand-woven ‘Kalaga’ (Burmese embroidered tapestries) used for home decoration and religious sites. The broad selection of local handicraft passing you by will be a plethora of colours, shapes and sounds, enough to feel the importance of Mandalay as cultural capital.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Maha Myat Muni Pagoda- Mahamuni Buddha Temple, Mandalay Myanmar
The numerous workshops and markets are left aside for the morning as we move on to the Maha Muni Pagoda, an important and well-respected monument in Mandalay. Marks our first spiritual stop, this temple is home to thousands of Buddha statues all of them immaculately polished and carved.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Shwenandaw Monastery, Mandalay, Myanmar (Burma)
The nearby Golden Palace Monastery is a fine example of the durability of teakwood. This once gilded building has been one of best preserved wooden landmarks in the country and once served as the residence of King Mindon.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Kuthodaw Pagoda & the World's Largest Book, Mandalay Myanmar
Another notable attraction, known for its architecture is the Kuthodaw Pagoda, where Buddhist scriptures are carved on 729 marble tablets, billed as the ‘biggest book’ in the world.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Mandalay Hill, Mandalay Myanmar
At the end of the day, we head up Mandalay Hill, the only place with panoramic views over the city. Sunsets here are said to perfectly end any excursion day in Mandalay.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located Mandalay hotels. Transfer outside these areas, supplements apply.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide.
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in and inside Mandalay. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside this area such as Sagaing, Amarapura, river cruise ports and Mandalay’s International airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- We will do all possible to comply with any dietary requirements during this excursion; it may not always be possible to confirm your wishes in advance based on the choice of local restaurant.
- To respect local customs and respecting the religious sites and temples on this tour, it is customary for guests to take off their shoes before allowed entrance. Your guide will inform you in advance for which of these sites this is applicable.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- There will be ample time for customers to spend time on their own to admire the sites at their own pace or browse along the shops for souvenirs. When additional time needs to be allocated for more time at leisure or shopping, this can be discussed with the guide on spot.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 48 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 48 hours may be on request.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.