Mangalore Shore Excursion
On this half-day tour discover some of the major sites of the port city of Mangalore. Get a feel of the daily life of its residents as you drive past local bazaars and markets. Visit the Artisans’ Village at Pilikula Nisargadhama and watch the artisans at work as they produce beautiful pieces of pottery, cane and bamboo products and handlooms. The tour will showcase the best of Mangalore.
• A panoramic drive past points of interest, including Gokarnath Temple, Town Hall, and local markets.
• Artisans’ Village at Pilikula Nisargadhama
• A traditional manor house of coastal landlords
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Local English speaking guide
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Food or drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kudroli Gokarnath Temple, Kudroli 3 Km from Hampankatta, Mangalore 575003 India
You will be picked up from your hotel in the morning for a tour of the city.
Drive past the major attractions of Mangalore including the beautiful Gokarnath Temple that is dedicated to God Gokarnath, an incarnation of the Hindu God Shiva. Another architectural jewel is the Town Hall building with its majestic columns. Go past colorful bazaars and the fish and vegetables market of the city.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Pilikula Nisargadhama, Vamanjoor, Mangalore India
After a tour of the city drive to the Artisans’ Village in Pilikula Nisargadhama. The cottages of the village are home to local artisans who are engaged in trades that have been handed down generations. Some of the trades practised here are pottery, weaving, carpentry, blacksmithy, oil processing, fish net weaving and stone carving. You can also see a conventional manor house of the coastal landlords. The intricately carved woodwork of the house is designed by skilled artisans to handle climate extremes.
At the end of the tour, enjoy lunch (own expense) at a local restaurant.
After lunch you will be driven back to your hotel.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Mangalore, Mangalore, Dakshina Kannada District, Karnataka
Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.Airports
- Bajpe Airport, Mangalore India
- New Manglore Port, Indian Oil Tank Farm, Kasba Bengre, Panambur, New Mangalore, Indian Oil Tank Farm, Kasba Bengre, Mangalore, Karnataka 575010, India
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
- Children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Not recommended for pregnant women and people with back problems.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops are allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. Shoes must be taken off before entering temples. Socks are fine, you can keep wearing them.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Comfortable walking shoes, sunglasses, sunscreen and hats are highly recommended.
- Pilikula Nisargadhama Artisan Village is closed on Mondays.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.