Maras & Moray Complete Tour from Cusco
Discover Moray, an amazing work of ancient engineering, and Maras, a wonder of nature, an ancient salt mine dating from pre-Inca times. A spectacular experience, with an excellent travel itinerary, do not miss any details from your expert guide.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - Moray
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Moray Valle Sagrado de los Incas, Maras 08655 Peru
Your day will start with a hotel pick up and we'll get ready for our first visit of the day to Moray. The site contains unusual old buildings, mostly consisting of several enormous terraced circular depressions, the largest of which is about 30 meters (98 ft.) deep. The purpose of these depressions is uncertain, but their depth and orientation with respect to wind and sun create a temperature difference of as much as 15 °C (27 °F) between the top and bottom. This large temperature difference was possibly used by the Inca to study the effects of different climatic conditions on crops. Moray was perhaps an Inca agricultural experiment station. Like many other Inca sites, it also has a sophisticated irrigation system.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Maras, Maras, Cusco Region
Continue our day visiting Maras Salt Mines. During the pre-Incas time, salt was obtained in Maras by evaporating of salty water (provided by a nearby subterranean spring) in the sun, leaving the salt behind.
The highly salty water has been flowing from this nearby stream for hundreds of years. The main channel flows across the mountain and trickles down to all the pools below. As the saltwater becomes supersaturated, salt crystals begin precipitating out of the water. The farmers then scrape the salt to the side and collect it once a sizable amount has been gathered. Some salt is sold at a nearby gift store.
The salt mines are available to any person wishing to harvest salt. There are many unused salt pools that are available to be farmed. Any prospective farmer needs to find only an unoccupied pool to start working. There are more than 3,000 salt-pools; when light is reflected upon the pools, the effect is quite stunning.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Call us 24 hrs in advance the stating time to let you know the pick-up time. If your hotel is not on the list, don't worry, please contact us.
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- This tour is not recommended for people with back injuries, heart issues or other serious conditions, neither to pregnant women or people on wheelchairs and with limited mobillity, due to the irregular ground of the area.
- NOTE: Passport name, number, country, language and date of birth are required at time of booking for all participants
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.