Maras, Moray, and Chinchero Cooking Class Full-Day Tour from Cusco
This tour takes you to 3 magical places and offers a cooking lesson. First we go to Chinchero where we'll watch a demonstration of local weavers who are still using traditional Inca patterns and techniques for dyeing fabric. Then we'll receive a cooking lesson on how to make quinoa soup in a local staple after which we will share lunch with them. Continue on to Moray, an impressive Inca amphitheater and archaeological laboratory and finally finish at the salt mines of Maras, where we'll see locals harvesting salt like they have done since Inca times.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
- Quinoa soup for lunch
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks
- Entrance fees to Salt Mines $3.00
- Entrance fee to Moray requires a Boleto Turistico: 130Soles ($37.00). This Boleto covers entrance to Pisac, Ollantaytambo, Chinchero, Moray, multiple museums in Cusco and Sacsayhuaman or 70 Soles ($23.00) which covers only some of these sites
- Lunch other than quinoa soap
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Valentin's Pachamama Journeys, Urubamaba, Cusco Peru
You will be picked up at 8:30am by private driver at your hotel. From Cusco or the Sacred Valley, there is a 45-minute drive through beautiful mountains and farmlands to the town of Chinchero.
Stop At: Chinchero District, Peru
Our visit to Chinchero will consist of 3 parts. First we will visit the temple of the rainbow, one of the biggest Inca temples, in order to learn why they worshiped the rainbow. Next we will visit a church with murals depicting the Cusqueñan style of painting. This style of art combines traditional Inca imagery with Christian motifs. We will then walk through the beautiful village in Chinchero, ending in the women's weaving cooperative where we will watch a demonstration of local weavers who are still using traditional Inca patterns and techniques for dyeing fabric.Here you will have time to browse the shop which sells Inca style purses, tablecloths, wall hangings, and many other colorful and exquisitely patterned artisan goods. Finally, we will have a cooking lesson where the ladies will teach us how to make quinoa soup, a staple of their diet. After sharing lunch with them, we can dress up in the traditional clothing and hat of Chinchero and take some photos with the local women.
Stop At: Moray Valle Sagrado de los Incas, Maras 08655 Peru
We will then drive for about 40-minute through the beautiful Sacred Valley to Moray where we will look down below to contemplate the concentric circles that made up an Incan agricultural laboratory. Hike down into the archaeological site with a private guided tour of the ruins that served as one of the main amphitheaters for the Incas where they performed rituals and ceremonies.
Stop At: Salinas de Maras, Carreta a Maras, Maras 08655 Peru
We will then continue 25-minute on to Maras stopping on the way to take photos and watch people harvesting potatoes or corn, before arriving to see an incredible collection of salt mines that have been used since pre-Inca times to evaporate salt from an underground. It is truly a breathtaking site. We can see people harvesting salt which is still used today in local restaurants and you can purchase some salt to bring home.
Return to Cusco or your hotel in the Sacred Valley.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick you up from your hotels, please let us know the exact address in order to pick you up from there. Airports
- Velazco Astete Airport, Cusco Peru
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.