Maras, Moray and Salineras Tour
Tour, with our Maras, Moray and Salineras tour, the three important archeological centers that, normally, are not included in the classic tours to the Sacred Valley of the Incas.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Tour to Maras, Moray and Salineras, in shared service
- Guidance service in the required language: Spanish or English.
- Assistance and pick up from your hotel, in the historic center of the city of Cusco.
- Tourist transport during the tour.
- Cusco Tourist Ticket or entrance ticket to the Salinas de Maras (Salineras)
- Entry/Admission - Salinas de Maras
- Entry/Admission - Moray
What's excluded :
- Drinks and / or snacks.
- Additional expenses for weather problems.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Salinas de Maras, Carreta a Maras, Maras 08655 Peru
Our first stop will be in the experimental agricultural center of Moray where we will observe the system of circular platforms that the Incas used to experience the adaptation of the plants to the different micro climates or ecological floors. Then, we will descend to the traditional town of Maras in whose streets we will observe the noble shields of its colonial past. Finally, we will go to Salineras to observe the hundreds of artisanal wells where the inhabitants of Maras, following ancestral crystallization techniques, still convert salt water into salt crystals.
Duration: 3 minutes
Stop At: Moray Valle Sagrado de los Incas, Maras 08655 Peru
These are terraces or agricultural platforms built in depressions or gigantic natural holes. These terraces are concentrically superimposed, taking the form of a gigantic amphitheater. The main hole has a depth of 150 m and the average height of the platforms is 1.80 m.
According to historians, these constructions constituted an important agricultural laboratory of the Inca empire. Since its platforms are built with their respective irrigation channels and each of them constitutes a micro climate. What is striking is the large annual average temperature difference between the top and bottom of the depressions, a difference that reaches up to 15 ° C.
Duration: 3 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We will pick you up at the airport with a sign indicating your name, then our transport staff will take you to your Hotel.Airports
- Velazco Astete Airport, Cusco Peru
Departure Time :12:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.