Maras Moray Chincheros Tour
Our Maras Moray - Chinchero Tour will take you to the Sacred Valley, located between Cusco and Machu Picchu, this valley is known for its lush landscape, its picturesque colonial cities and its magnificent Inca fortress. Discover with us this beautiful and charming historical place where we will visit the enigmatic Moray archeological site, where the Incas experienced and acclimatized new crops using different heights in a terrace system. Then we will visit the salt deposits of Maras, where the water flows from these high altitude mountains and falls down the side of the mountain in individual evaporation pools forming layers of salt that are then extracted and then distributed to the high-Andean communities.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Round trip transportation
- Professional bilingual guide
- Cusco tourist ticket to visit archeological sites
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chinchero, Chinchero, Cusco Region
The town of Chinchero is located 30 km from Cusco on the paved road that leads to the province of Urubamba. Chinchero's biggest attraction is its Sunday fair, originally dedicated to the bartering of agricultural products from the jungle and the mountains.
The Chinchero fair is a true spectacle of history and tradition that causes a great attraction to tourists. Here you will also find the offer of handicrafts and colorful garments made from Alpaca fiber.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Vía a Moray, Maras 08656, Peru
The archaeological site of Moray is located 61 km. northeast of the imperial city of Cusco and at 3,500 m.a.s.l. The large Inca agricultural laboratory consists of four giant holes of natural formation on the surface of the earth, where the Incas built circular terraces of different sizes with their respective irrigation channels.
The climatic condition and other characteristics make this place an important center of domestication and acclimatization of crops for human consumption.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Maras 08656, Peru
The colonial population of Maras is located 7 km from the Archaeological Park of Maras Moray where we will pass in the northwest direction where we will find the famous salt mines or salt mines. Within this small valley we can find a little more than 3,000 wells that measure an average of 5 square meters each.
The salt water comes from a natural spring very close to the place, which have been exploited since pre-Columbian times. Since 1980, the families of Maras have extracted salt, building more poses which have become a very important attraction.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Plaza De Armas, Oficina # 01 interior, Calle Plateros 326, Cusco 08000, Peru
Traveler pickup is offered
Our staff approaches their respective hotels 10 minutes before the start of the Tour, in case they arrive at the airport our staff will proceed to make the respective pick up with a sign indicating their name.Airports
- Velazco Astete Airport, Cusco Peru
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.