Maras, Moray, Salt Mines Cusco Tour (economical Opcion - Group Tour)
This is a half day tour in the north of Cusco. Maras and Moray sites are places located in part of the sacred valley of the Cusco.
We recomended you to do this tour if you have a free morning and you want to visit the great Terraces of Moray and the Salt Mines of Cusco.
per adult from
6 to 7 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional Guide for the tour (BILINGUE: English / Spanish)
- Tourist Transport
What's excluded :
- Entrance Ticket to Moray USD 22.00 (You can use the tourist Ticket you used in the sacred valley)
- Entrance ticket to Salineras or Salt Mines (10 soles or 3.5 dollars per person)
- Tips, snacks and drinks
- Entry/Admission - Moray
- Entry/Admission - Salinas de Maras
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Moray Valle Sagrado de los Incas, Maras 08655 Peru
We’ll pick up you from your hotel at 08:15 hrs on our bus to start the tour. We’ll visit the first point, the town of MARAS, located west of Cusco at 3300 m.a.s.l. from where it’ll possible to appreciate the mountain range of Urubamba and the snowy peaks of "Veronica" (5682 m.a.s.l) and "chikon" (5530 m.a.s.l). Maras’s history dates back to the colony when the nobles from the Inca Empire were stripped of their palaces in Cuzco or Qosqo and began to settle in other small towns like Maras. The church of Maras made of clay is a typical religious architecture of the colony, it save paintings of what was the Escuela Cusqueña (Cusco School).
We continue with a visit to Moray, about 7 km southwest of Maras; it is the only archaeological site of this kind in the entire region. It consists of depressions or natural gigantic holes that were used by the Incas to build terraces in the contours, agricultural terraces with their respective irrigation canals, they were used as a prototype of greenhouse or experimental biological station advanced for that time, and it helped to the antiquity American men to inherit to the humanity 60% of vegetable products consumed today. For example they obtained more five thousand varieties of potatoes, one hundred and fifty of maize, varieties of quinoa and many other products.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Salinas de Maras, Carreta a Maras, Maras 08655 Peru
We’ll continue with a visit to Salineras or salt mines that are exploited since the Inca period to the present day, Salineras is located northwest of the town of Maras, is constituted by about 3000 small wells of salt with an average area of about 5 m² each one, during the dry season these well are filled every 3 days with salt water emanating from a natural spring located at the top of the wells, the water evaporates and the salt contained in it, gradually solidifies , then this salt is granulated to be bagged in sacks and plastics, which are then shipped to markets of the region for sale.
Finally we will return to Cusco at approximately 15:00 hrs.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
The pick up will be from the hotel or address in Cusco. It is important travelers send us the information of the hotels
Departure Time :12:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.