Marathon Battlefield Half Day Private Tour from Athens
This tour is a great experience for those who want to see the place where the 192 Athenians died fighting against the Persians for Greece's freedom and where the Authentis Marathon Race was born.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional Drivers with Deep knowledge of history. [Not licensed to accompany you in any site.]
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Entrance Fees [6€ for over 6 yo for Non EU & 24 yo for EU Citizens]
- Airport Pick Up and drop-off (Additional cost)
- Licensed Tour guide upon request depending on availability [Additional cost - 210 €]
- Entry/Admission - Marathon Tomb
- Entry/Admission - Archaeological Museum of Marathon
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Marathon Tomb, Marathon 190 07 Greece
One of our favorite tours, this one is dedicated to those who fell in the name of freedom. This special tour was designed to accommodate those interested in ancient Greek battles, those who want to discover the major battlefield of the Persian wars, the plane of Marathon. Heading out from Athens to the sacred plain of Marathon driving through Attica Highway and Marathon Avenue. This is the course of the original Marathon Race, as you will see by the signs that count each kilometer. Later we will reach the Tumulus of the Athenians; the site portrays courage, bravery and finally the victory of the Athenians against the Persians in 490 BCE.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Archaeological Museum of Marathon, Vranas, Marathon 190 07 Greece
Moving on we will also see the Marathon Battlefield, its Archaeological Museum with the tumulus of the 11 Plateans and a prehistoric cemetery that produces proof of the first civilized presence in this location.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Marathon Beach, Nea Makri, Marathon Greece
Marathon bay is the exact location where Persians camped.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Marathon Lake, Marathon Greece
Driving by the present city of Marathon our last stop in this area we will be Marathon Lake, on the slopes of Mt Penteli. It is an artificial lake operating as the main water reservoir for Athens in the past and its dam, a great mechanic construction of the starts of 20th century.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Athens, Athens, Attica
We will drive back to Athens.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We suggest that the tour starts at 8:00 am. If for any reason this is not convenient for you we will adjust the time according to your needs.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- The drivers are not licensed to accompany you inside any site or museum. If you require a licensed guide to tour the sites with you, you need to hire one additionally. If you have any questions you can contact us on the phone number provided by Viator.
- The duration of the tours is approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions.
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Our company complies with all the health instructions of the World Health Organization about COVID-19.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.