Marché Victor Hugo Small Group Food Tour
VISIT OUR WEBSITE for a full list of our tours! Explore Toulouse's largest covered market with a certified French Wine Scholar and ex-cheesemonger. I'm a native English speaker that has learned the secrets of French market shopping in my adopted hometown so that I can share them with you. On this tour, you'll get a taste of local life in Toulouse as you discover local wines and cheeses, learn how to spot a good baguette, sample unique local specialties, and encounter passionate local artisans and businesses. Afterwards, you'll get a detailed email recap, as well as other personalized resources and recommendations so that you can continue your own gourmet adventures! We'll be eating on our feet, as there is NO SEATING in the market - so wear comfortable clothing and shoes and be prepared to stand/walk the whole time. Please alert me at least 24 hours in advance if you have food allergies or don't drink alcohol.
per adult from
3 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Snacks - We'll do some tastings along the way, with some of our market purchases reserved for our large tasting at the end of the tour.
- Lunch - The tours ends with a substantial tasting of cheese, charcuterie, foie gras and bread - plus a sweet treat for dessert! No need for lunch afterwards. Vegetarians welcome.
- Alcoholic Beverages - Guests over 18 will enjoy at least 2 local wines (usually one white, one red) that are paired with the cheeses that we buy. Non-alcoholic alternatives available with advance notice.
- Personalized guide for a small group of maximum 8 people
- Personalized email recap of the tour with additional recommendations
What's excluded :
- Bottled water - To reduce environmental waste, we don’t distribute plastic water bottles, so if you would like water during the tour, please bring a reusable water bottle with you.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Marche Victor Hugo, Place Victor Hugo, 31000, Toulouse France
We'll spend most of our time exploring inside the market, as well as a few local businesses in the square surrounding the market.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Place du Président Thomas Wilson, 31000 Toulouse, France
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Victor Hugo Market, Place Victor Hugo, 31000 Toulouse, France
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Guests are asked to certify that they are symptom-free by taking a quick online questionnaire at or before check-in. Tastings are portioned out individually for each guest and handed directly to them by the guide. Guests will not be sharing off the same plate. Masks may only be taken off to eat.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.