Market trip & Traditional home cook meal
This experience will take you into the day to day life of a Gambian woman and family. We go to the market to shop for food, daily, to feed our families, and also buy products at the market, and we will take you to the largest one. Let us show you what Gambia looks like through the eyes of Gambian women. We want to show you the amazing country we live in, meet new people and enjoy authentic home cooked food, that you can learn how to make with us.
We started this business after being encouraged by our first guest, who is a friends Wife. We took her out, at her request, to experience these things we are offering, as no other women are offering something like this for you to experience our daily lives. The experience was amazing for all of us, and now we wish to share this with you.
Our other goal is to send a child to school each year with proceeds from our experiences. We believe it is important to teach our children well, to become strong adults.
per adult from
6 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch - lunch depends on available fresh produces in the market
- use of cooking materials
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Serekunda, Serekunda, Banjul Division
We will pick you up from your location,then head to the main market (the biggest one in Gambia), where we will show you around and shop for ingredients which we will use to cook a meal together later in the day, we will also teach you a few tricks on how to bargain, if you want to buy any personal items,
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Senegambia, Serrekunda, The Gambia
Traveler pickup is offered
we can pick you up where ever you are staying in the Gambia.
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 10/8/2019 - 10/19/2021
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.