Marrakech: Atlas, Berber Villages, Agafay & Camel Ride
Set out from Marrakesh into the Atlas Mountains, passing hamlets, villages, and farmers' fields. Visit and share a meal with a Berber family, admire Takerkoust Lake, and relax in the tranquillity of the Agafay Desert as the sun sets.
per adult from
6 to 7 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick-up and Drop-off
- Transfer by modern air-conditioned
- Berber house visit with mint tea
- Hiking (optional) in the Toubkal National Park with local guide
- Camel ride
- Small group tour
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Plateau du Kik
What's excluded :
- Tips (Optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Tahnaout, Morocco
Discover and explore deep Berber country in the High Atlas Mountains, and enjoy the landscapes of desert, valleys, villages, and open plains on a full-day trip from Marrakech.
Fall in love with the varied and unique beauty of Morocco’s valleys, mountains, countryside, and desert on this full-day guided excursion from Marrakech. After pickup at around 9:00 AM, head to the Atlas Mountains, passing through a small village where you can visit a traditional Berber Weekley souk (market in Saturday or Tuesday)
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Moulay Brahim, Moulay Brahim, Marrakech-Safi
then to Moulay Brahim valley where you will try the experience of camel Ride
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Imlil, Imlil, Marrakech-Safi
Arrive in Imlil and take a trek by foot or by Mule to Armed, the highest and largest village in Imlil Valley. Your journey will take you past waterfalls and the hamlets of Ait Mizan, Targa, and Imoula. Stop off in Tamatert to take in views of ancient irrigated fields of barley, corn, and vegetables, surrounded by cherry and walnut trees. Your guide will point out interesting sites and tell you about Berber culture and heritage along the way.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Tamatert, Tamatert, Marrakech-Safi
Come back down through the village of Ait Souka, where you’ll meet a Berber family and enjoy a traditional Moroccan meal as a guest in their home. Head next to Kik Plateau, at 1,800 meters altitude, offering spectacular 360-degree views, and in spring, a marvelous spread of alpine flowers.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Plateau du Kik, Marrakech Morocco
Arrive at the edge of Lalla Takerkoust Lake, whose dam supplies Marrakesh with all its energy. Take a tea break and admire the views out over the lake, or, if you’d prefer an adrenaline rush, quad biking or jet skiing can be arranged locally.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Agafay, Agafay, Marrakech-Safi
Finally, drive to Agafay Desert and enjoy the tranquility of the countryside. Pass through stone desert, barren light brown plateaus, Bedouin villages, oases, and high hills with panoramic views to High Atlas. If the timing is right, enjoy views of the sunset from up high before returning to Marrakech.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We will do the best to be in a good health
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.