Marrakech: Full-Day Trip To Ouirgane & Visit The 12th century brick built Mosque
Tinmal Mosque is one of only two mosques in Morocco that can be visited inside by non-Muslims. It still has some of the original features and is quite beautiful in its design. Timel Mosque zas built at 12th century and You will be given a guided tour with an explantion about the mosque and its history. Visit the heart of the Atlas Mountains, 90km from Marrakech, to enjoy a local meal and village experience in a rural Berber village. Enjoy walking through the village and seeing the pottery.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- All Fees and Taxes
- Local Guide
What's excluded :
- Tip (Optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Asni, Asni, Marrakech-Safi
This is a fabulous day trip from Marrakech deep into the heart of the birthplace of the Almohad dynasty.
Leaving the red city, you drive up towards the foothills of the High atlas mountains through market towns and villages to reach Ouirgane in the red valley of Azzaden. Here the Nfiss River flows into a dammed lake and continues down to fill another lake below with a hydroelectric station.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Ouirgane, Ouirgane, Marrakech-Safi
From Ouirgane in its own National Park, we take the riverside road as it winds up deep into the region of Ijoukak where the descendants of the Almohad dynasty live and work the land. Adobe and stone Berber villages are at every turn with fruit trees and fertile fields of crops at their feet. This is rural Morocco at its best in spring when almond blossom fills the valleys. Much is unchanged for centuries. In the village of Ijoukak, pottery is made from the rich red clay and you may be able to stop and visit one of the pottery workshops.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Ijjoukak, Morocco
Further up into this ancient landscape we take the road to Tinmel. This 12th century brick built Mosque has stood the test of time well, it is being restored and a roof added so that it may once again be used for prayer. Tinmal Mosque is one of only two mosques in Morocco that can be visited inside by non-Muslims. It still has some of the original features and is quite beautiful in its design. You will be given a guided tour with an explanation about the mosque and its history.
Duration: 5 hours
Pass By: Moulay Brahim, Moulay Brahim, Marrakech-Safi
If you have an interest in the ancient history of Marrakech and the region, then this is a worthwhile day excursion. You can also stay overnight in Ouirgane and explore the region further, perhaps a few days hiking in the Ouirgane National Park with its green forests and fertile farmlands.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.