Marrakech Mean Landmarks - Group Sightseeing Tour
Start your half day with a cultural meal in a traditional Marrakech house. Join us for this wonderful relaxed 5 hours Historical Tour and get an orientation feel of this part of the Medina and its highlights.
Either from the outside or inside Grand palaces, gates and museums your expert guide will delight you with useful information about such great buildings. Get your bearings of the city while admire the local life wondering in the Kasbah alleys and fruit vegetable markets.
It is in this Mellah quarter where local "Marrakchis" as well as from other areas around people come to shop from the best ingredients Marrakech has to offer. A tradition coninues for centuries up to nowadays.
Finally an optional visit to a local herbal place for a comfort stop where a tea is offered in parralel of a rich information about the world of herbs, medicinal plants, Moroccan oil...
Don't miss this wonderful introduction of Marrakech
per adult from
What's included :
- Licensed Guide Service
- Afternoon tea
- Lunch - Buffet lunch
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Any fees to sights outside of what's included ( Bahia Palace
- Gratuities: You will be advised along the way by your guide if any
- Drinks outside of what's clearly described on the itinerary
- No transportation included in this purely walking tour
- Come meet us at 1:30pm for a cultural meal at lunch time. Every day we celebrate the richness of the Moroccan cuisine: From Lamb tagines with prunes & almonds, Couscous with colorful vegetables, Chicken Tajines with preservedlemon , Authentic salads, barbecues, fish dishes, seasonal meals are only few to mention.
At 3pm your guide will join you at Start the house where he/she introduce you the flow of the tour. Walk to The Koutubia Mosque where the history of Marrakech starts about thousand year ago. It was here where the " El Mouravids " dynasty founders of the red city settled and built their capital to administrate the whole Kingdom of North Africa after rempoving the capital from Fez to Marrakech. While visiting the mosque from inside is not possible sightseeing around is a must to admire the architecture. In the empty space facing the mosque a palace " Stone Palace : Ksar El Hjar " have been built in parallel where the royal family lived up to the 12 century when the Berber family El Mouhads took over and demolish everything to be replaced with what you can see now..
The tour continue by foot to the impressive Bab Agnaou gate. This 12 century " El Mouhad " gate gave access to the Kasbah area imperial town for many dynasties of Morocco : Look up the gate for the storks nesting on the top! Not far stop for an informative story of the Saadian family burried in the Saadian Tombs. this strong Nomad warriors managed to build an empire which stretched from Andalucia to Timbukto and from the Atlantic coast to Libya. ( The tour does not include a visit in the tombs ).
Keep strolling inside the Kasbah visiting its fruit & vegetable market, admire the beauty of its alleys and homes, animated streets where spices and herbs are displayed on the way to Mellah square where both muslims & Jews socialize together for centuries. Homes with verandas still witness this period of late 15th century when the Moors: Jews & Muslims were pushed out of Spain and found refuge in Morocco..
The tour includes a visit to the beautiful Bahia Palace founded in the mid 19th century by the Vizir of The King and where hundreds of the best artisans of the country were invited to work continuously for bout 16 years to finish such jewel of Marrakech: visit purely authentic riads with stunning courtyards shaded with fruit trees, wives rooms including the favourite "Lalla Bahia" room, squares of the palace, lush gardens, pavillions, majestic reception rooms with ceiling covered in full with painted cedar wood, floors covered with zellij tiles, stucco & plaster around arches, windows and doors.
The tour ends around here where the guide happily give you orientations how to walk to the Jamaa Lafna Square, catch a taxi or simply extend your visit shopping around or sipping a cup of mint tea in one of the terraces around.
Departure Point :Mellah Square in front of Riad Dar Anika
Departure Time :1:30pm
Return Detail :The Tour Ends at The Mellah Square. Your Guide will provide information on how to walk to the square or where to catch a taxi
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise for any allergies either for food, plants or animals ( cats, birds..)
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund ( The minimum number of the group tour is set up to 4 pax )
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.