Marrakech To Ait Ben Haddou - Day Trip
Drive along the High Atlas and Tizi n Tichka.
Cross the Berber mountain villages and enjoy the beautiful nature.
Guided tour of Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou
Visit Ouarzazate with his film studio and Kasbah Taourirt
Save time finding a meeting point with pick up and drop off at the hotel included
Travel comfortably in the Moroccan climate by air-conditioned coach
Explore with a guide to better understand the history and culture of the region
per adult from
8 to 10 hours
What's included :
- Transfers to and from Marrakech are included.
- Transport and driver
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless otherwise indicated
- Personal shopping, lunch, drinks, tips (Ait Ben Haddou usually 3 euros)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ksar of Ait-Ben-Haddou, Douar Ait Ben Haddou, Ait Ben Haddou 45000 Morocco
This trip offers a spectacular opportunity to see a lot of Morocco in one day. This is the ideal trip for those who do not wish to spend a few nights in the desert and want to return to Marrakech for a night out at the restaurant.
The day starts early, because we will leave Marrakech before 8:00. Our route will then take us through the High Atlas. The beauty and height of these summits will make you stick to the window of our minibus while we will be across the mountain roads.
There are several small Berber villages along the road and we will have the opportunity to stop taking some pictures of the elevated landscape before heading to the Kasbah at Ait Ben Haddou. It will be another two hours before arriving here, but the landscape will remain beautiful.
The Kasbah of Ait Ben Haddou is a fortified village that is home to about half a dozen markets and merchant houses. Our visit of this old building will be guided. Like Ouarzazate - which will be the next leg of this tour - the Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou is a popular location for film crews and Hollywood production companies.
You'll see exactly why it's an ideal setting for a number of biblical movies, an ancient Arab legend, or movies shot thousands of years ago. Sodom and Gomorrah (1963), The Man Who Wants to Be King (1975) and The Jewel of the Nile (1985) all used the ancient fortified village of Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou.
Our adventure day then moves to Ouarzazate, where we will tour the city and visit the movie studios. Ouarzazate is a favorite place for film production, many of which come precisely because of old buildings, golden landscapes and beautiful landscapes. One has the impression of taking a trip back in time by exploring ancient kasbahs and golden clay buildings. Do not be surprised to see a Hollywood film crew shoot a movie here.
Among the blockbuster films made here are Bond's classic Living Daylights (1987), Lawrence of Arabia (1962) and The Last Temptation of Christ (1988).
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Avenue Jamaa El Fna، Marrakech 40000, Morocco
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 17 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.