Martvili Canyon, Prometheus Cave Natural Monument,Gelati Monastery
Trip to incredibly beautiful nature, Medieval history and ancient culture.
per adult from
What's included :
- Round-trip private transfer
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Entrance tickets
- Martvili’s canyon, this historical, surprisingly beautiful place of Georgia. The canyon is on Abash’s river near the city of Martvili in the region of Samegrelo. Martvili canyons used to be a bath place for Royal Family Dadiani. This is a really tremendous place which everyone surely has to visit. The canyon is famous for the beauty and the facts of ancient years. In the territory of a canyon the hardened bones of animals who lived millions years ago, and also traces of paws of dinosaurs were found. It is possible to walk on a canyon by the boat and if to go on the top party, it is possible to reach 7 meter huge falls.
Prometheus Cave is an enclosed space, generated in the Lower Cretaceous limestone. It is also known as cave Kumistavicave Gliana. Entrance height is 3.5 - 4 meters, width - 7 m. In 60 meters from the entrance is the Siphon Lake from which the river Kumiflows. In the cave there are stalactites and calcite speleothems, a thick layer of guanine. The climate here is dynamic, movement of air is sharp. At the end of the tunnel is a siphon of two-meter depth, with warm water (15C). Drinking springs within the cave flow into the river Kumi. Well furnished cave has become an attractive tourist site. Walking inside the cave is pleasant. Tourist route is a length of approximately 1 kilometer. On July 15, 1984 speleological expedition of the Institute of Geography opened 16 new halls, which vary both in size and forms of fossilized sag. In the new room you can see a lot of stalagmites and stalactites, cave pearls and pisolite, underground rivers and lakes. The climate is good for asthma patients.
GelatiMonastery The cathedral is situated 11 km westwards from Kutaisi. The GelatiMonastery, with its main buildings erected between the 12th and 17th centuries, was an important religious, cultural and educational center of Georgia. The monastery complex is included in UNESCO’s World Cultural Heritage list and its architecture is well known for wonderful mosaics and frescos. King David the Builder, the most celebrated King of Georgia, is buried in the yard of the monastery.
TIME: Best time to begin Trip is early morning 7 or 8 o'clock (please don't forget that we are flexible)
Martvili is 280km away from Tbilisi, road takes about 3:30 hrs, on the road Guests will have frequent stops, especially beautiful part of the road is Rikoti Bypass where Guest can taste local fruits and enjoy beautiful views of Mountains.
We offer Private Tours with clean and comfortable Cars/Minivans with air conditioner. Our cars drive on Petrol/Gasoline, we don`t use cars on Gas as it is explosive and our priority is safety the first. Also our guide is pretty knowledgeable in history and traditions. Please also note that we are offering in full day trips as much sightseeings as possible. Experience and Hospitality is our Tradition. Welcome to Georgia
Departure Point :Tbilisi
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.