Mary Queen of Scots tours - Private Tours Edinburgh
Our tour features a visit to the key places in the life of Mary Queen of Scots including her birthplace Linlithgow Palace , Stirling Castle , Loch Leven and Falkland Palace. The new Mary Queen of Scots film features Oscar Nominee Saoirse Ronan in the role of the ambitious Mary, whose attempts to reclaim the throne of Scotland incurs the wrath of the virgin queen, Elizabeth I, played by Margot Robbie.
Linlithgow Palace is where Mary was born in 1542.
Next to the Palace is St Michael’s Parish Church where Mary was baptised . A new bronze statue of Mary has been erected next to the church .
Linlithgow Palace featured as Wentworth Prison in Outlander.
Mary Queen of Scots was released in January 2019 , written by Beau Willimon, based on John Guy's biography Queen of Scots. The film stars Saoirse Ronan as Mary, Queen of Scots and Margot Robbie as her cousin Queen Elizabeth I .
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide
- Professional photographer guide
What's excluded :
- Souvenirs can be purchased on our website
- Entry/Admission - Linlithgow Palace
- Entry/Admission - Stirling Castle
- Entry/Admission - Loch Leven National Nature Reserve
- Entry/Admission - Falkland Palace & Garden
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Linlithgow Palace, 9 Kirkgate Sulisker, Boghall, Linlithgow EH49 7AL Scotland
Linlithgow Palace is where Mary was born in 1542,
Next to the Palace is the medieval St Michael’s Parish Church where Mary was baptised , A new bronze statue of Mary has been erected next to the church , Linlithgow Palace has stunning views of Linlithgow Loch.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Stirling Castle, Castle Esplanade Upper Castle Hill, Old Town, Stirling FK8 1EJ Scotland
tour of Stirling Castle where Mary Queen of Scots grew up.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Loch Leven National Nature Reserve, Kinross KY13 8EU Scotland
visit to Loch Leven, Mary Queen of Scots was imprisoned in Lochleven Castle
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Falkland Palace & Garden, 11 miles north of Kirkcaldy, Falkland KY15 7BY Scotland
Mary Queen of Scots tour , Falkland Palace was a favourite haunt of Mary Queen of Scots
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Free Pickup is available from your hotel, accommodation or port in EdinburghAirports
- Turnhouse Airport, Edinburgh EH12 9DN Scotland
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Dress code is smart casual
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Every vehicle is cleaned inside and out before each tour
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.