Masada and the Dead Sea Trip from Jerusalem
Masada and the Dead Sea Tour
Pass the Inn of the Good Samaritan on the descent through the Judean Desert to the Dead Sea. Ascend Masada by cable car and see the remains of the Herodian fortress where the Zealots were overcome by the Romans in 73 CE. Enjoy the therapeutic benefits of a mud bath and a swim in the Dead Sea. On the return journey view the oasis of Ein Gedi, the caves at Qumran in which the Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered and Jericho, the oldest city in the world.
• Full day trip to Masada and the Dead Sea
• Guided tour of the popular sights by local experts
• Float in the famous salt-rich waters of the Dead Sea
• Ascend to the top of Masada by cable car
• Pickup and drop-off from Jerusalem Hotels
• Instant Confirmation
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Cable Car up to Masada
- Includes entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - Masada National Park
- Entry/Admission - Dead Sea
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Harei Yehuda, Israel
Depart from Jerusalem with professional guide to the Judean desert, the rugged wilderness in the heart of Israel to the Dead Sea, the lowest place on earth.ill keep you afloat.
Pass By: The Good Samaritan Museum, Road 1, between Jerusalem and Jericho, Jericho Palestinian Territories
We begin out journey by taking the route down from Jerusalem descending below sea level through the Biblical wilderness towards the Dead Sea. On the way we can see the Inn of the Good Samaritan and stop on route to look out across the desert as we pass the point marking "sea level".
Stop At: Masada National Park, Masada 8698000 Israel
We reach the shores of the Dead Sea encrusted with white salt and follow the shoreline towards Masada. Although it's possible to climb the ancient Snake Path up Masada as the Romans did 2000 years ago, we take the convenient cable car up to the mountain top plateau.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Herod's Western Palace, Masada Israel
It was here that King Herod built a fortified palace complete with every convenience. Herod had built a swimming pool, water cisterns, two palaces, store rooms and even a synagogue
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: En Gedi Nature Reserve, Route 90 Road 90 Israel
Heading back to the Dead Sea we pass the desert oasis of Ein Gedi where there is lush foliage and gorgeous waterfalls and where David hid from angry King Saul.
Pass By: Qumran Caves, Wadi Qumran Palestinian Territories
We also pass by Qumran were the 2,000 year old Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered in a number of hillside caves.
Stop At: Dead Sea, Israel
To end off a perfect day we stop at the Dead Sea, the lowest point on Earth and a contender for the title of one of the Seven Wonders of the World. People come from across the globe to enjoy the therapeutic mineral rich waters. And don't worry if you don't know how to swim, the high salt content will keep you afloat.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Pass By: Jericho, Jericho, West Bank
Afterward, return to your coach and pass the ancient city of Jericho as you travel back to your hotel.
Departure Point :Jerusalem, Israel
Traveler pickup is offered
• Pickup from Jerusaem hotels: 08:30
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Comfortable walking shoes, hat, sunscreen, bathing suit and towel are recommended.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 10 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.