Masaya and Apoyo Lagoon Tour from Granada
This tour is all about nature and culture! Immerse yourself in the Nicaraguan culture by visiting Masaya’s fine handicraft market; enjoy here the creativity from the local artisans and may even purchase souvenirs at reasonable prices. Continue your cultural experience by visiting some typical White Villages, enjoy great views of Apoyo Lagoon and take part of creating beautifully handmade souvenirs with a local family. Finally enjoy a dip in the clear waters of Nicaragua’s most gorgeous lagoon: Apoyo.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private vehicle (from/to Granada)
- Professional guide
- Local taxes
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- A bilingual guide and driver will be waiting for you to go for amazing adventure at Masaya surrounding.
In the morning you will visit the finest handcraft market of Masaya, where you will enjoy the creativity and variety of Nicaraguan art at bargain prices. Later transfer to Catarina, this is a small and characteristic village of Nicaragua where people work seedling nurseries, make handcrafts and raise horses. Placed on top of a hill at 520 meters over the sea level, present a very agreeable climate, the temperature is between 22 and 27 degrees. From there you can enjoy a magnificent view of the Apoyo lagoon, Mombacho volcano, Granada and Lake Nicaragua and then you will go to San Juan de Oriente, famous for its ceramic arts. Visit a workshop, all items are handmade and the “know how” is transmitted from fathers to sons.
Continue driving a few minutes more to Apoyo Lagoon. The lagoon of 5km of diameter with crystal clear water at the pleasant temperature is one of the most beautiful hidden treasures of Nicaragua. The small resort features a restaurant, kayak and sail boats rental and more. The perfect spot to spend a very relaxing day, it is a small paradise for relaxation or water sports. There is a possibility for a short hike in a path marked out in the forest where many families of monkeys “monos congos” live. During the afternoon you will be transferred back to Granada.
Departure Point :Hotels and home rental in Granada City
Departure Time :10am
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.