Master craftsmen tour in Morelia, Michoacan
We will leave for Capula visiting the catrina handicrafts store, observing high-temperature ceramics with the technique of pointillism. We will also visit the internationally recognized Plastic Craftsman Workshop Juan Torres.
Continuing with the tour, you will visit the town of Santa Fe de la Laguna, a Purépecha town that was the beginning of evangelization to the new utopian model of Don Vasco de Quiroga. We will visit a clay workshop to learn about the technique performed by the local artisans.
Later we will visit the town of Oponguio, a town on the shore of Lake Pátzcuaro where various types of mezcal are produced art-sanally. We will visit the Messenger Pigeons vinata to learn about the production process and have a tasting.
The master craftsmen tour will continue in the town of Erongarícuaro, visiting the town center and main temple.
per adult from
8 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Certified tourist guide
- Round trip transportation from your hotel
- Travel insurance
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Unspecified expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Capula, Capula, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast
Get to know the potter town that saw the birth of the clay catrina, this town is famous thanks to the ceramic pieces of its craftsmen
Pass By: Santa Fe de la Laguna, Santa Fe de la Laguna, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast
Get to know this purepecha settlement that still preserves its traditions and customs. You will be able to observe proud women in their indigenous clothing
Pass By: Erongaricuaro, Erongaricuaro, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast
In this town there are colonial buildings such as the former Franciscan convent, baroque style from the 16th century.
Departure Point :Centro histórico de Morelia, 58000 Morelia, Mich., Mexico
Traveler pickup is offered
Pic up available from hotels located in the center of Morelia
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.