Matani Day Trip & Lada Tour
Do you want to visit a non-touristy place?
Matani – Northern part of Kakheti region, regular village with a very beautiful Nature, History, Culture and Traditions
Hiking to Tskhraka Monastery (5th century)
Lunch outside, on the way to Tskhrakara
Visit to Alazani Valley by Lada( Soviet Car)
Wine degustation in Wine Cellar
per adult from
What's included :
- Fuel surcharge
- Hotel pick up/Hotel drop-off
- Private vehicle
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Any extra ticket or entrance fee
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Gombori Pass, Gombori-Telavi Rd, Telavi Georgia
Gombori Mountain Pass - peaks at 1620 meters above sea level. Gombori road is spectacular any time of year. Small idyllic villages, magnificent sceneries of Alazani valley and Caucasus Mountains, panoramic views, sheep flocks, ancient forests, beautiful meadows and sea of clouds are just a short list of what awaits you on this road.
Stop At: Ikalto Monastery Complex, Ikalto Georgia
The Academy of Ikalto was an ecclesiastical academy established between the 11th-13th centuries in Kingdom of Georgia. Ikalto was known as one of the most significant cultural-scholastic centers of medieval Georgia. According to sources, the first academy in this area was founded in 9th century, but during the Arab invasions it was entirely devastated.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Matani, Georgia
Lada tour in Matani
Drive through vineyards and Alazani river
Get experience of Soviet car
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Matani, Georgia
This is hiking part (Easy)- 30 minutes hiking to monastery and back.
Lunch on the way, outside.
The Tskhrakara monastery is part of a complex of buildings in the mountains 3-5 km west of the town of Matani. The monastery complex consists of several churches and other monastic buildings that are surrounded by a low enclosure. The main building of the monastery was built from the middle of the 5th century.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Tbilisi, Georgia
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Infant seats available on request
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.