Matcha Town Walking Tour in Uji, Kyoto
Are you a green tea lover or food lover? Then join us on this Matcha Town Walking Tour! On this tour, you will be exploring Uji, a beautiful historic district that is often affectionately known as a tea haven for tea lovers and connoisseurs. As we stroll around Uji, you will be introduced to many interesting and fun facts about the origins of tea, the art of tea ceremony, and the wonders of Uji.Here you will get a chance to taste their delicious matcha rice cake skewers, made using pure, rich matcha powder that is sure to tantalize your taste buds! We will also visit tea houses, and tea fields, and will even pay a visit to some of Japan's oldest shrines, which Uji is home to. Here I'll introduce the wonders of the shrines.For lunch, we will be stopping by a famous tea house, to enjoy “chasoba,” green tea soba noodles.After lunch, we will get to experience an authentic Japanese tea ceremony at a traditional tea house.
per adult from
300 to 330 minutes
What's included :
- Snacks - Matcha rice cake skewer
- Coffee and/or Tea - Tea tasting and tea ceremony
- Lunch - “Chasoba,” green tea soba noodles. Sesame tofu, potato dumplings with tea sauce, and other umami dishes will be served to complement your delicious soba dish too.
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Uji Shrine, 1 Uji Yamada, Uji 611-0021 Kyoto Prefecture
We will exploring Uji, a beautiful historic district that is often affectionately known as one of the 7 best waters in Uji.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Tsuen Teahouse and Shop, Higashiuchi-1 Uji, Kyoto 611-0021, Japan
We will visit one of the oldest tea shops in Uji, which is over 850 years old, and .Here you will get a chance to taste their delicious matcha rice cake skewers, made using pure, rich matcha powder that is sure to tantalize your taste buds!
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Uji Station, Otsukata Uji, Kyoto 611-0021, Japan
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.