Matharpacady - explore a hidden East Indian village, its culture & heritage!
Vintage Portuguese homes with ornate architecture adorn this area that is home to the lesser known East Indian community. These forgotten by lanes take you back in time, when colourful quaint homes quietly lay within fruiting orchards. While the orchards no longer exist, you will still be charmed as this 400 year old hamlet is complete with vintage architecture, split-level coloured houses with staircases, dexterous woodwork and sloping brick roofs.
A twice fruit bearing mango tree, century year-old Goan clubs, a 125 year-old oratory dedicated to saint of epidemics and infectious diseases, or a historic perennial well that has a unique cultural significance – Matharpacady is seeped in history and stories that has given it a grade III heritage structure status. With modernisation and real estate costs explosions, small quaint bungalows are now giving way to monstrous contemporary buildings, thus robbing the village a little of its former magnificence.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hop-on hop-off tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Private transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
What's excluded :
- Additional transport cost for North Mumbai pick-up
- Additional cost for the services of a language guide (besides English)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Matharpacady Holy Cross Oratory, MATHARPACADY VILLAGE (Oart, adjacent to Village Villa, Thakkar Estate, Mazgaon, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400010, India
Explore the ties that this age old oratory has with the East Indian community of this area.
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
1) The driver will be at the hotel 5 mins before the start of the tour. 2) Start time of the tour for North Mumbai hotels will vary.3) If you are staying at the ship at the Mumbai International Cruise Terminal and need a pick-up from outside the ship, there we be additional cost of Rs 1000/- per person. This amount is to be paid in cash to the guide or the driver at the start of the tour.4) For any tours in Bandra & beyond, away from South Mumbai, will be charged a toll of Rs 120. This amount is to be paid in cash to the guide or the driver at the start of the tour.Ports
- Alexandra Dock (Green Gate) & Yellow Gate
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children who are below 5 years of age can do the tour free of cost
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.