Mauthausen Concentration Camp Day Trip from Vienna
Pay tribute to the victims of the Holocaust with a trip to Mauthausen Concentration Camp, one of the largest Nazi labor camp complexes during World War II. The former camp provides a poignant look at the horrors perpetuated by Hitler during the war. Learn about life at the camp from your guide and take an audio tour of the grounds. This tour includes round-trip transport from Vienna.
per adult from
8 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Roundtrip transportation to and from Vienna
- Self-guided tour of the camp with audio-guides
- Accompaniment by friendly English-speaking tour escort
- Taxi fare from central Vienna hotels to meeting point (max. 12 euros per person)
- CO2 certificates offsetting the tour's carbon emissions
- Entry/Admission - KZ-Gedenkstatte Mauthausen
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Vienna Woods, Vienna Austria
Traverse the beautiful Vienna Woods en-route to Mauthausen Memorial.
Pass By: Melk Abbey, Abt Berthold Dietmayr Str. 1, Melk 3390 Austria
Marvel at the impressive Melk Abbey founded by the Benedictines in 1089ad.
Stop At: KZ-Gedenkstatte Mauthausen, Erinnerungsstrasse 1, Mauthausen 4310 Austria
Become acquainted with the history of Mauthausen Memorial during the 2,5-hour ride from Vienna. By the summer of 1940, Mauthausen had become one of the largest labor camp complexes in the German-occupied part of Europe. Some 200,000 people are thought to have been imprisoned at Mauthausen between 1938 and 1945, and about half of them lost their lives. Mauthausen was among the last concentration camps to be liberated by the Allies.
Upon arrival at the Memorial grab your audio guide (available in 11 languages) for a self-guided tour through the preserved grounds. See the prisoner’s barracks, Wiener-Graben quarry, the so-called 'Stairs of Death', SS-quarters, camp prison, gas chamber and the highly rated Mauthausen Museum.
Heading back to Vienna stop at a local restaurant for lunch (own expense).
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Tourist-Info Wien, Albertinaplatz 1, 1010 Wien, Austria
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The taxi ride will be reimbursed when showing a valid receipt (max 12 euros per person)
- Not recommended for child aged 15 and under
- Audio-guides at the Memorial are available in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Hebrew, Dutch, Polish, Czech, Russian, Hungarian
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Face masks are required for travelers during transportation, children up to 6 years of age do not need to wear face masks
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.