Mawlamyine City Tour
Mawlamyine is the capital of Mon State and the third largest city of Myanmar after Yangon and Mandalay. It is situated at the mouth of the Than Lwin River, 171 km south east of Yangon. It’s extremely beautiful and famous for its tropical fruit such as durians, mangoes, rambutans, mangosteens, and pomelos. There are many tourists’ destinations in its vicinity. It’s accessible by road and rail from Yangon. Our full day tour covers the whole areas of the city as well as U Na Auk village which is quite beautiful village with a huge monastery and Buddha Images. Famous Strand Road walk, market visit as well as the sunset cruise on Fri - Sunday only is very relaxing.
per adult from
8 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Fuel surcharge
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Local taxes
- Professional guide
- Tour escort/host
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Our full day tour starts from any hotel in Mawlamyine. Morning after breakfast (8am) we’ll start driving toward U Na Auk's village. U Na Auk was the hero business man and merchant of Mon State (Mawlamyine) during the colonial period. Competing with British boat company until he was bankrupted as he chartered the passengers’ boat with free of charge and even gave a free towel and meal for those who took ride with his boat. His patriotic act and concept of trying to against British colony. We can visit to a beautiful monastery and stunning wooden Buddha images cast out from a single teak wood at the village. On the way one can enjoy scenic ride and the beautiful countryside. Lunch is taken on the Strand Road in Mawlamyine. After lunch, we’ll visit Mon Cultural Museum that displays Mon cultural and history. The modest collection of the museum, scales with Mon inscription, hundred years old sculptures of wood, ceramics, thanaka grinding stones, silver betel boxes, lacquer ware and other interesting items are displayed. Other places to see are view point hill, market, Uzena Pagoda and Seindone Queen's Monastery. At the end we can enjoy sunset at Kyaikthanlan Pagoda or take a sunset cruise with Htee Hlaing Shin boat over Than Lwin River which operates on Friday, Saturday and Sunday only. After sunset (6 or 7pm), back to hotel.
Departure Point :Any hotel in Mawlamyine
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Back to the hotel in Mawlamyine
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Dress code is formal
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.