Medieval England Private Day Tour
Avoid London's heavy traffic and save time and costs. I will collect you by car at Bromley South station, which is less than 20 minutes’ direct train ride from London Victoria, covered by zone 5 Oystercards or Travelcards.
Enjoy the scenic English countryside for about 50 minutes before arriving at the first house.
- Go off-the-beaten-track.
- Step into medieval England within just a few minutes!
- Follow the footsteps of medieval knights.
- Explore some stunning gardens with English tea!
- Private tour: Only you & your guide.
Example: Guest testimonial. - “…I took a second tour with John and we visited Ightham Mote and Penshurst Place. Ightham Mote is a home built in the thirteenth century with a moat, lake, and gardens... Afterwards, we visited Penshurst Place which is a much larger home. It has very extensive and beautiful gardens which were just coming into bloom when I was there. I enjoyed my visit there as well.”
per adult from
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entrance tickets
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Fuel - Return journey to the castle from Bromley South Station
- No tour fee for kids 10 years and under. (Must be accompanied by a relative 21+ years old).
- Entry/Admission - Ightham Mote
- Entry/Admission - Penshurst Place & Gardens
What's excluded :
- Audio guides
- Hotel pick-up
- Meals and beverages
- Some venues may be closed during the winter. Please enquire.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ightham Mote, Mote Road Ivy Hatch, Ightham, Sevenoaks TN15 0NT England
Described by David Starkey, (Britain’s leading historian), as “One of the most beautiful and interesting of English country houses.”
Almost 700 years old, walk through this house which has been owned by Medieval knights, courtiers to Henry VIII and wealthy Victorians. This precious building, now owned by The National Trust, has a moat, a pretty courtyard, an historic Great Hall, a crypt, a Tudor painted ceiling and even a Grade I listed dog kennel!
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Penshurst Place & Gardens, Penshurst Road, Penshurst TN11 8DB England
A wonderful, remote, film location for 'Mary Queen of Scots', 'The Other Boleyn Girl', ‘Wolf Hall’ and more.
Once Henry VIII’s hunting lodge, it boasts of one England’s most valuable treasures, Medieval Baron’s Hall, enabling you to step into the 1300’s! This historic house, still owned by the Sidney family, proves that not all artefacts are in London. It showcases some of England’s most valuable paintings and furniture.
N.B. Penshurst Place is open from end March to end October only. If you're planning your visit outside of these months, ask me to make alternative recommendations for you. An example is Bodium Castle - A ruined medieval castle in East Sussex full of splendour, including spiral staircases, battlements and a portcullis. It’s most definitely for adults too. As the National Trust shares - “This is a place where you can relive your childhood memories and let your imagination run riot.”
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Bromley South, High St, Bromley BR1 1LX, UK
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- John England Tours is certified as ‘Good To Go’ - An industry standard by VisitEngland and the UK government assuring visitors that businesses have clear processes in place and are following industry and Government COVID-19 guidance on cleanliness and social distancing. See logo on the main profile.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.