Medieval Lausanne: Tour this historic city & its architecture on an audio walk
Immerse yourself in centuries of Lausanne's stories, and make your own memories in the Old Town on this self-guided GPS audio tour. Lausanne is a wonderful mix of old and new, where people from many walks of life and cultures come together. Explore its history, from the Iron Age through to the present and stop in at all the major sights, spanning centuries.
Author and academic, Sonja Holverson, guides you on this walk through the VoiceMap app. Sonja taught tourism marketing at an applied sciences university in Lausanne. As an ex-pat living in Switzerland, Sonja enjoys writing and publishing articles about Swiss travel tips, events, and culture making her the perfect guide for this city walk.
per adult from
10 to 30 minutes
What's included :
- Lifetime access to this tour in English
- VoiceMap App for Android and iOS
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
What's excluded :
- Smartphone and headphones
- Food and drink
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Fontaine de la Justice, Place de la Palud 22, 1003 Lausanne, Switzerland
The first attraction on the tour is The Fountain of Justice. It dates back to 1557. It's been adopted by every generation since then as the meeting place in the Old Town. No matter the weather, you'll find people from all over the world standing here, waiting for friends, entertaining their children, or eating a snack.
Pass By: Place de la Palud, Lausanne Switzerland
The Fountain of Justice is found in this little square where, on Wednesday and Saturday mornings, there's a farmers market.
Pass By: Le Grütli, Rue Mercerie 4, 1003 Lausanne, Switzerland
The tour passes one of the oldest restaurants in Lausanne.
Pass By: Cathedrale de Lausanne, Place de la Cathedrale, Lausanne 1005 Switzerland
The tour passes the Cathedral where you have the opportunity to pop inside.
Pass By: History Museum in Lausanne, Place de la Cathédrale 4, 1005 Lausanne, Switzerland
The tour passes the History Museum in Lausanne where there are various temporary and permanent exhibitions about historical and modern aspects of the city.
Pass By: Mudac, place de la Cathedrale 6, Lausanne 1005 Switzerland
The tour ends at MUDAC.
Departure Point :Rue du Pont 30, 1003 Lausanne, Switzerland
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 11/7/2019 - 12/31/2020
1/1/2021 - 10/18/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Return Detail :Museum of Contemporary Design and Applied Arts, Place de la Cathédrale 6, 1005 Lausanne, Switzerland
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All of VoiceMap's audio tours are self-guided and users must bring their own smartphone and headphones to take the tour. We urge all our users to wear facemasks and carry hand sanitizer with them to ensure they're own protection and the protection of others.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.