Medieval Museum and Bishop's Palace: Combined Admission Ticket
Combining the Medieval Museum and the Georgian Bishop's Palace, the Medieval Museum is currently ranked # 1 attraction in Waterford on Tripadvisor.com, the only museum in Europe built over two National monuments, the 13th century Choristers’ Hall and the 15th century Mayor’s Wine Vault, the award winning Medieval Museum will take you through the medieval history of Waterford city. The Bishop's Palace is a magnificent Georgian residence and a must-see attraction that is rated #3 attraction in Waterford on Tripadvisor.com. Experience authentic grand eighteenth century living in this beautiful Georgian building by being taken through time with our re-enactors who will guide you through the history of the palace, the artefacts and the history of Waterford City at the time.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Entry/Admission - Waterford Treasures Medieval Museum
- Entry/Admission - Bishop's Palace
What's excluded :
- Visit: Waterford Treasures Medieval Museum, Cathedral Square Viking Triangle, Waterford X91 K10E Ireland
Medieval Museum, Treasures of Medieval Waterford, Viking Triangle, Waterford City, X91 K10E.
Open daily year round including Sundays and bank holidays
• Currently ranked #3 attraction in Waterford on TripAdvisor.com.
• The only museum in Ireland built on top of medieval buildings, the 13th century Choristers’ Hall and the 15th century Mayor’s Wine Vault.
• Don’t miss the incredible Cloth of Gold vestments which were lost for over 120 years after they were hidden from Cromwell’s army, the Great Charter Roll which was viewed by Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Ireland and the only piece of clothing to survive King Henry VIII’s reign, ‘The Cap of Maintenance’.
• Tours run frequently and are available in English and French. Informational placards in English, Irish, French and German.
Duration: 1 hour
Visit: Bishop's Palace, The Mall Viking Triangle, Waterford X91 E279 Ireland
Bishop’s Palace,Treasures of Georgian Waterford, Viking Triangle
This magnificent Georgian residence is a must-see attraction & is rated highly on TripAdvisor. Experience authentic grand 18th century living in this beautiful Georgian building. Don’t miss the oldest surviving piece of Waterford Crystal in the world dating back to 1789, & the only Bonaparte mourning cross to survive (one of twelve commissioned by Napoleon Bonaparte’s mother on his death). A re-enactor tour, you will be guided through the Palace by Susanna Penrose, the granddaughter of William Penrose and great-grandniece of George Penrose - the men who founded Waterford Glass. The experience culminates in an immersive 4D film detailing the remarkable history of the glassworks (available in English, French & Mandrain). The top floor is a self guided exhibition entitled “Other Voices: Ordinary People, Extraordinary Lives” detailing the social and political developments of Waterford. Tours available in English & French.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Waterford Treasures Medieval Museum, Cathedral Square Viking Triangle, Waterford X91 K10E Ireland
Departure Time :1/1/2020 - 12/31/2020
1/1/2021 - 12/31/2021
Monday: 09:15 AM - 05:00 PM Tuesday: 09:15 AM - 05:00 PM Wednesday: 09:15 AM - 05:00 PM Thursday: 09:15 AM - 05:00 PM Friday: 09:15 AM - 05:00 PM Saturday: 10:00 AM - 05:00 PM Sunday: 11:00 AM - 05:00 PM Monday: 09:15 AM - 05:00 PM Tuesday: 09:15 AM - 05:00 PM Wednesday: 09:15 AM - 05:00 PM Thursday: 09:15 AM - 05:00 PM Friday: 09:15 AM - 05:00 PM Saturday: 10:00 AM - 05:00 PM Sunday: 11:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.