Meditation in a Monastery in Yangon half day tour
Founded in1947 by Mahasi Sayadaw, meditation center of Mahasi Monastery, which is one of the Yangon's most famous ones, caters very generously for foreign meditators, locally called yogis. You want to enjoy this center, which attracts a large number of tourists, let’s join this half day tour of Meditation in a Monastery in Yangon.
What You'll Do
• Join the discussion of the important role of meditation in the Burmese Buddhist people’s life
• Be taught about the techniques and methods
• Practice what you have learnt
• Relax in the quiet and peaceful setting of Mahasi
• Visit Shwedagon Pogoda, the most revered temple in Myanmar
• Admire the spectacular scenes at sunset
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guides
What's excluded :
- Any private transportation
- End of trip gratitude for driver, boatmen, hotels, restaurants, and local guide
- This afternoon, first, you will be transferred to Mahasi Monastery, which is renowned as an 'Educational Spa' throughout Myanmar, one of the best monasteries in Yangon for meditation training. Mahasi attracts a large number of pilgrims to come here to study and practice Vipassana meditation. Mahasi has granted special permission for you for a one-day program although they usually require a minimum of one-week of study for the local yogis.
Next, you will encounter the venerable monk who will discuss the important role of meditation in the daily life of the Burmese Buddhist people (in English). Then, you will be taught about techniques and methods that have been used for centuries by a meditation teacher (monk). After an hour of instruction and discussion it is high time for you to practice what you have learned.
You have to move into the meditation hall for your practice session. Here, you will slip away into a deep meditative state, have relaxing time in the tranquil, peaceful setting of Mahasi.
Afterwards, you will return to your hotel. End of our services.
Departure Point :Hotels in Yangon city
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Hotels in Yangon city
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.