Meet Taivas and the Wolfdogs
Susimaa is the only wolfdog farm in the North that is open to public and that has it’s reasons. You can’t just put wolf dogs in enclosures & think you can bring visitors to them and they accept it. They have actual wolf inside and are not only look-alikes and thus they act like wolves, some more some less, which means they don’t trust you, you are the intruder. So it is something special, that you can go visit them inside their enclosures with us & get to see them face-to-face, get in real touch with them.
All that is result of a great deal of work and building up a relationship so strong, that they not only trust us, but also that they trust us that much, that you can come inside with us and get in touch with them.
While a visit you will be able to see, that what we offer is NOT business, it IS our life & you get to experience it in in small, individual groups. We believe in being different and selling different and unique adventures, we believe in small scale eco-friendly tourism.
per adult from
What's included :
What's excluded :
Meet Taivas and some of our wolfdogs inside their enclosures and spend some quality time with them.
Learn about the history of wolfdogs and the difference to do domestic dog breeds while watching their dynamics and interactions with you and each other. Hear some stories about our off-grid life with our wolfdogs in the arctic woods of Lapland.
Follow their interactions, how they play and how they talk to each other.
- Guided 1 hour farm tour
- History about dogs / wolfdogs / wolves
- Stories about our off-grid life with Wolfdogs in the woods
- Entering some of the enclosures and quality time with our wolfdogs
- We do not offer transportation!
- We are not entering the enclosures with children or incongruous people. Safety of our animals and guests goes first!
- Wolfdogs are NO regular dogs. They are all very friendly and socialized from us to people, but be prepared that they jump, nibble and that they definitely will try to lick your face. That is not bad behavior, but the way wild wolves also say hello to each other and express feelings. You don't have to be afraid, just prepared, nothing bad will happen - but maybe the begin of a friendship!
Departure Point :Simonkankaantie 39, 97700 Ranua, Finland
Departure Time :3:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.